Chapter 13

"Hello?" Shawn said into the phone. "Hey Shawn, it's Brooke." He chuckled, "Yes, I know." At this moment I am very confused. "Are you like a person who can look into the future or something like that?" I ask then totally regret it because I sound so stupid.

"No Brooke, it's called caller id." I mentally face palm, "Of course!! I knew that." He doesn't talk for a moment and I can tell he is trying to control his laughter; bastard. "Okay anyways, Brooke what's up?"

I took a deep breath "Okay so like an hour ago I called Kelsey seeing if she wanted to hang out and she got all sassy with me; she said that she was busy and then I said she is always busy and then she said *takes a breath* that i am always busy spending time with you; then she said something about how she met a new friend named Danielle *takes another needed breath*

"Broo-" Shawn starts to speak. "Hold up lil boy, i'm not done yet." I hear him sigh over the phone.

"As I was saying; she started talking about Danielle and like defending her acting like she is her best friend, not me. Then I heard someone in the backround and turns out it was Danielle. I was about to say something to her saying how mad I was but she hung up on me and now I'm sad."

Shawn didn't speak after I finished, "Hello?" No answer, "Hellooooooo?" I look at my phone and it showed that he hung on me. What the hell is his problem.

*Ding Dong*

I go to open the door but before I can someone opens it, "Shawn first you hang up on me then you walk into my house. What the hell dude." He comes up to me and gives me a hug, "Well hello to you too gorgeous." I blushed.

He walks past me into the kitchen, takes out the popcorn and puts it in the microwave. "What are you doing Shawn?" He comes over to me and taps my nose "I am making popcorn because we are having a movie day."

"I thought you came over to talk about Kelsey and that girl Danielle with me." He comes near me to get the popcorn, "No, I came over to get your mind off of that, now let's watch movies." I am so going to regret this, Kelsey is going to hate me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We watched movies all day, mainly all the Harry Potter movies but I forced him into watching Mean Girls with me. It's now 9:00 pm and Shawn is asleep next to me with his arms wrapped around my waist on the couch. I need to call Kelsey, I seriously need to apologize.

I get out of Shawn's grasp and go upstairs to my phone.

*30 new message notifications*

I unlock my phone and go to my messages; only to realize that all of them are from Kelsey. Might as well call her.

K- "Hello?"

B- "Hey Kelsey."

K- "Oh my gosh Brooke I am so sorry! I never meant to snap at you yesterday. I was just so sad and mad that we haven't hung out a while like we used to."

B- "Woah Kelsey chill, I need to take some blame in this. I snapped also, I'm sorry. Are we cool now?"

K-"Of course best friendddddd"

B- "You are so weird"

K- "In all seriousness, I gotta tell you something but you gotta promise not to get mad."

B- "Okay?"

K- "I made the whole Danielle thing up. She does not exist."

*Silence for like 3 minutes*

B- "Kels, why would you do that?"

K- "I'm sorry, i got a little carried away."

B- "You got skills missy, I actually believed you."

K- *chuckles*

B- "Who was the person talking in the back round yesterday though?"

K- "Haha that was my mom."

B- " Damn, okay anyways. Want to come over? Shawn came over this morning and fell asleep on my couch, I can kick him out."

K- "I don't think you should do that. I gotta go, HAVE FUN"

*Kelsey hangs up*

I have no idea what that was all about, what does she even mean by "have fun" And why did she hang up on me! She's being a diva today I swear.

I walk out of my bedroom to see Shawn awake, sleepily watching the TV.

"Hey there" I smiled at him.

"Hey" he says in a sleepy voice. Fuck. That was hot.

"Uhm, I talked to Kelsey and she lied about the whole Danielle thing, she just was upset" I laughed while sitting down on the couch next to Shawn. I say criss cross facing him. "She's an idiot"

He laughed, leaning his head back against the couch, closing him eyes. "I'm so tired and I don't know why"

"Then let's do something to wake you up!" I smiled. Something about being with him made me happy.

"Like what?" he looked at me with his head still against the back of the couch.

"I don't know..." I trailed off while biting my nails.

It was silent, not an awkward silence, a sweet and comfortable silence.

We were just looking at each other, staring into each other's eyes.

I took this time to look at him and just take in how beautiful he really was. His perfect brown eyes, his sharp ass jawline, his perfect smile, and his soft kissable lips.

- Shawns POV -

We were just sitting here on her couch looking at each other. God how much I just wanted to kiss her and call her mine. Ever since I first talked to her, I knew what I wanted.

She's just so beautiful, I noticed her looking at me, sometimes I wonder if she thinks of me the same way.

Her eyes met mine again, I was so lost in them and I couldn't think straight, I started to lean in, she did too. Our lips met and I felt pure bliss.

When we kiss there is something that I've never felt before. I mean I've only kissed a few girls in my life, and I always thought that the feeling I got was amazing, but then once I kissed Brooke it made me realize those were nothing.

She makes me so happy and I knew what I had to do next.

We pulled apart and leaned our foreheads on each other's. I smiled at her and she smiled back, pecking my lips again.

"Brooke, will you be my girlfriend?"