Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning with a headache, which I'm guessing was from stress since I didn't have anything to drink last night.

Last Night. I feel terrible. It was all my fault. I know how over protective Jake is and I should've know him being drunk would just make matters worse.

Poor Shawn. I shouldn't have kissed him. His flawless face now has bruises and cuts all over it.

Flawless? Now that I think about it, his face is pretty flawless. He's very good looking overall. Not to mention his amazing personality.

I rolled out of bed and went down stairs to get some breakfast. Kelsey was sitting at the island texting someone.

"Hey Kels" I said.

"Hey there sleepy head" she said with a smile. "I brought your stuff that you had at my house over."

"Okay, thanks. But I feel awful about last night, is Shawn ok?"

"Yeah just a little banged up, I can give you his number if you want to talk to him yourself."

"Alright, thanks."

She told me his number and I saved it in my phone.

I grabbed a bottle of water from my fridge before plopping down on the couch and texting Shawn.

B- Hey Shawn, its Brooke, Kelsey gave me your number. I feel awful about last night, how are you doing?

I waited for what seemed like hours, in reality it was probably only about 5 minutes, before he texted me back.

S- Hey, yeah I'm okay :)

B- I'm glad to here that, do you want me to bring you over food or something?

S- How about we go out for something to eat instead? I could go for some Chinese food.

B- Sure sounds great! Kelsey is here at house.

S- Ask Kelsey if she wants to come!

I got up from the couch and walked back into the kitchen where Kelsey was still sitting.

"Hey Kels, Shawn wants us all to go out for some Chinese food. You in?" I said.

"Yeah, sure." she said not even looking at me keeping her eyes glued to her phone.

"What is so interesting on that phone of yours? You haven't taken your eyes off it since I woke up!" I said with a small laugh.

"Well, mom, if you must know Matt texted me this morning and we've been talking ever since." She said with a smirk.

"Oooh" I said back with a smirk. "Well I'm gonna tell Shawn that you're coming."

I walked back into the living room, sitting back down on the couch.

B- Yeah, she said she'd come.

S- Awesome I'll pick you up in 20 minutes?

B- Okay see you then.

I got dressed, as did Kelsey. About 20 minutes later Shawn pulled up and we went to our local Chinese buffet.

We were sitting at a table eating our food when I heard a bunch of loud and obnoxious boys from another table. I turned around and saw a bunch of boys from the basketball team. They were all laughing and yelling really loud. I rolled my eyes and then they landed on Jake. He was sitting down with his head in his hands. He looked up and his eyes met mine and then glanced over to Shawn.

He stood up and began walking over to where we were sitting.

"Oh god." I said under my breath.

"Brooke can I talk to you?" He said. His eyes weren't angry, they were more sad? I don't know.

"I don-"

"Please." he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Okay, fine." I sighed. "Will you please excuse me" I looked at Kelsey and Shawn.

Kelsey gave me a look saying "good luck." Shawn just faintly smiled at me before returning back to his food.

I got up and walked outside with Jake.

"Look, babe"

"Don't call me that." I snapped.

"Look, Brooke, I'm so sorry. I was drunk and I over reacted and things got out of hand. I know it was just a game, it didn't mean anything. It was wrong of me. I would never lay my hands on you on purpose. When my friends told me I did that I thought they were lying. I love you so much and I would never cause you harm. I can't loose you. You are mine. Mine. No one else's. I don't want anyone else to have you."

I looked down at my feet. "You still hit me, drunk or not, I don't know if I can forgive you. But you know, it wasn't only what you did yesterday. You've been so rude and stuck up lately. You ignored me for almost two weeks when I did nothing to you. I think it's best if we stay broken up."

He looked up, almost as if he was trying not to cry. Jake Anderson is almost in tears because I broke up with him?

"Please, don't do this." he said.

"Listen Jake, I'm not saying we're done forever. I need a break. We'll see what happens in the future. Now, if you would excuse me, I have two friends waiting for me inside." I pushed past him and went back inside.