Chapter. ¹⁵

Blaze P

Blaze P.O.V

After they cut the umbilical cord and cleaned the baby, I took him from them as they went out, giving us privacy.

I looked down at the baby again and sigh.

"Gina?"

"Yes babe?"

"Is this my baby?" I ask her again.

She frowns, "How many times will I have to answer that Blaze? Yes, he's yours."

"Okay ma."

I gave her the baby to feed and I watched them for a while. "What are we gonna call him?" I asked her and her eyes lit up.

She hums, "What about Blaze Jr?"

I shook my head immediately, "Hell no, give him a name that's not mine. I don't wanna share my name with anybody."

She groans, "Fine."

I thought about it. "How about August? It's a fitting name if you ask me."

She frowns, "That's a nice name though."

So that's what we call him, August.

"You're gonna be an amazing father to our child." She grins.

I shook my head as I looked at her, she's beautiful- she really is, but only on the outside.

I may act dumb, but I'm surely not an idiot.

As the weeks passed by, we were still in the hospital due to her not recovering properly yet. I stayed by her side the whole time, not once did I leave her even when I knew.

I chuckle, "By the way, I don't know if you take me for an idiot or what, but do you wanna explain why the hell our baby is white when both of us are fucking black?" I snapped this time, tired of pretending.

The baby is white.

Extremely fucking white and looks nothing like me.

I held this baby and felt no connection whatsoever, it mostly felt as though I'm holding a stranger.

Throughout all that, it became pretty obvious that the baby wasn't mine as the skin tone evened out and the hair started to come in more.

I didn't immediately accuse her of it.

Right after this kid was born, I thought something about him was a bit different just from the blonde hair and pale skin.

I was sure that it was not my kid. I pretty much knew after I saw the baby but I played dumb. I took one look at that baby and there was just no connection at all. It was just another baby- I saw nothing there that I recognized as 'mine' in any way, shape, or form.

I quickly put two and two together and realized it clearly was not my child.

I made sure I was one hundred percent correct before I even addressed that fact. So I did a private DNA test without her knowing. Once the results came back this morning, there was a less than one percent chance that the baby was mine.