Chapter. ²⁹

Azurra P

Azurra P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of helicopters flying over my head and Fire barking loudly.

I was so tired that I fell asleep with my head resting on the car part that I was using for my balance.

I grinned when I saw the helicopters, knowing my dad owns them after seeing the name Santos written across them.

"They're here for us, boy." I say happily as Fire barks even louder, like he understood. "We're down here!" I scream loudly, even though I'm sure they can't hear us.

After a couple minutes, the helicopters started searching lower and lower. Then I heard someone shout that indicates that they saw us and I couldn't tell you how happy I am at this moment.

The sound of the loud helicopter rang my ears as they threw down a leader for me. I hung onto it and pulled my feet on it before trying to lift Fire with me.

I couldn't do it though.

Fire was too heavy to lift and I huffed, getting back into the water. I couldn't just leave him here, so I decided to stay where I am if I can't get him on it.

I saw dad's confused face as he waited for me to come up.

"Azurra, I'm happy you're alive but I'll drown you myself if you don't climb the damn ladder girl." He curses at me.

"I can't, Fire can't climb and I can't lift him." I huff and he glares at me.

His eyes widened as he looked behind me, "Oh shit, a shark is coming. A fucking shark, he's coming." He shouted and everyone started going crazy. "Get out now!"

Screams could be heard from the four helicopters.

I started screaming and kicking my foot, while Fire was barking in my eardrum.

I'm gonna die, oh God.

I tried climbing back on the ladder, only to fall right back into the water with Fire.

It was all chaos, that was until dad started laughing loudly, "Oh my God, that shit was so funny. I got y'all, it's April fools day."

Is this man serious right now?

He almost gave me a heart attack and thinks it's funny.

"Seriously Sander?" Mom was upset as she pushed him out of the helicopter.

He screamed as he landed into the water, gasping. "What the fuck? What if I couldn't swim?"

Mom shrugs, "You drown and we bury you, end of the story."

"Burnnnn." Uncle Benjamin laughed as well as the rest.

Dad rolled his eyes at them and pushed me up on the ladder as he picked up Fire who was barking at him and dad looked like he wanted to cut his tongue out.