1

ɴᴇᴡᴄᴏᴍᴇʀ

Hanna's heart ache at the news of Lita's death. Hanna turned to see Julio dragging a man into the camp. "He was the only survivor, he was with Lita." Guerilla whispered to Hanna. She wondered if he had the bracelet.

"You are the only survivor?" Clara asked him. He stayed silent, honestly Hanna didn't blame him. The bag was pulled off of his head, he had made quick eye contact with Hanna before looking at Clara. "Answer me.... I said are you the only survivor?" Clara asked him once more. "Si" He replied "Lucky." Julio said. "Julio... Lita..." Hanna had started. "Lita knew the risks." Clara finished her sentence.

"That's all you have to say?" He said. "You're here. That's what matters." Clara answered. "Just a second (Sister) I'm getting the hell out of Yara." He answered. "Your Dani that Lita spoke of?" Hanna questioned him. He looked at her. "But your in my camp." Clara said.

"I need a place to stay. A few days." Dani said to her. "Libertad is no charity, Hermano." Clara responded to him. "Lita said you'd help.." Dani said. "Lita also said you weren't a pussy." Clara said. "(Asshole)" Dani spatted. Julio went to go attack him but Dani was quicker then Dani pointed the rifle at Clara, Hanna hummed while smirking at his boldness that Lita had spoken of.

"Aye.. Does that look like a pussy to you?" Hanna asked to Clara, Dani smirked a bit at her while the Jefa looked at the person she considered a dear friend before looking back at Dani. Clara put down her gun and stood up.

"Your an orphan, Si?" Clara asked, Hanna saw the bracelet, she hummed. "Funny how friends can be closer than family, remember Dani, Castillo has kept you an orphan." Clara said. Hanna looked down, Castillo torn her family into pieces. Clara removed the gun off of her. "Why do you want to run?" Clara then asked him. "I watched Castillo order a whole boat of our people shot to death, Get as far away as you can from that psychopath, all of you." Dani said, the crowd laugh but was silence by Hanna's glare and Dani took note of that. Lita wasn't wrong, She put fear onto people.

"When tyranny is law, revolution is order." Clara started. "Quoting Bolivar won't save you." Dani stated. "Actually it's Pedro Albizu." Hanna replied, Dani looked at her before looking back at Clara. "Gonna save Yara with Library cards?" Dani questioned. "You see, Clara has a list." Hanna replied as she got up from her spot and stood at the table. Clara nodded.

"Free elections. Free expression. Free the outcasts. A Yara free of Castillos. Simple." Clara said as she then took her spot next to Hanna. "Simple...Castillo's got what, three hundred thousand troops. I count six burnt out guerrillas, one who still has the fire to keep going and you with a bullet to the leg." Dani said. Hanna hummed. "You don't believe me? I'll show you" Clara said as she pushed the map towards Dani.

"We launched an attack from our base to this island, was a basic operation. Hit a Vivrio tobacco plantation, snatch some fuel and go home... But Castillo's forces were waiting. Cut us down from sixty to seven." Clara explained.

"You need to get back to your base?" Dani questioned. "Yes...But this island is surrounded by a blockade... We don't have boats, we don't have much gear and we are not leaving until that Viviro plantation goes up in smoke... but we're guerrillas, We know this land inside-out. You're already familiar with our guerrilla paths. They were built by the legends in '67. They're spread like a web across all of Yara... Now they're ours. Guerrilla paths are good to ambush (Soldiers) or to hide if the army is on your back. They have caches that will help you survive." Clara explained more.

"And all this is legit?" Dani questioned. "This map is old as hell..." Dani added. "Made for (tourists) Yeah it's out of date but you got the regions, municipalities and landmarks of Yara, You'll get used to it." Hanna replied. "Now I need to call in some favors with the locals to get us a boat and you need to go find me Juan Cortez." Clara said.