10

ʙᴜɪʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ

The next morning, Hanna and Dani approached Carlos's table. "You lost, tourist?" Carlos questions Dani. "Listen, Carlos. I know you don't trust me or Clara or Libertad." Dani rambled. "Or all the other little comemierdas she sent. Hanna was the exception, still is." Carlos said, Hanna rose a brow. "And I don't blame you, we have no history here." Dani responses. 

Carlos turns and makes eye contact with the duo. "You got that right.... what else you both know?" Carlos asks as he looks at the duo. "We know that Napoleon el Pequeno stole your land. We know that the poison he sprays on your fields is killing your people. Dani explains.

Hanna moved closer, "We know that you're sick and you'd rather die than ask for help." Hanna said as she kept eye contact with Carlos. Dani picked up the croc head and sat it back on the table. "Don't throw anything away that you can use." Dani said. Carlos nodded at Hanna. then looked at the both of them.

"The depot where they store the poison... burn it to the ground. The dusters that spray the tobacco...rip them apart. The fumigators in the fields...kill them all." Carlos said. "You got yourself a deal." Hanna said. "You got it. (boss)." Dani said as he and Hanna walked off. "Send me a postcard." Carlos said. 

.....

Hanna and Dani were heading out to the first of the three depots. "Hey. It's Espada." Espada said. "Hey." Dani responses. "Papa's not so good with technology. He asked me to send you and Hanna a photo of what the poison looks like." Espada explains. "We've messed with poison before but that's real thoughtful of him." Dani answered. "I wouldn't go that far, Papa doesn't trust outsiders but I've seen what you both can do, check the photo and show him you two know what the fuck you are doing." Espada told them both. "What the..." Hanna said.

Hanna looked at the photos while Dani contacted Carlos. "Carlos. it's Dani, Dani from Libertad." Dani said. "I don't think he's forgotten Rojas." Hanna said. "You are correct Hanna... he thinks I forgot didn't he?" Carlos questions. "No. I just didn't know if.. forget it." Dani said. Hanna snorts silently. "We're coming up on some of Castillo's poison." Dani adds. "Look for yellow containers. Crop dusters and fumigators got the poison too." Carlos said. "Ok, we're on it." Dani said. 

"Ready to cause some chaos Rojas?" Hanna asks. "You know it Kang." Dani said, as the duo gave each other a fist bump.

...........

Over the few hours, Dani and Hanna took care of plantations. "That should be the last of them." Dani said. Hanna nodded but she spotted one last tank. Dani goes to contact Carlos, Hanna pulls out a grenade, she pulls the thing and tosses it. 

"Carlos, it's done." Dani said. "Good, let's see if Napoleon el Pequeno gets the fucking message..." Carlos said. The grenade goes off, taking out the tank and the last of the soldiers. "I'm not even going to ask what that was, I got more work for you two, come back to camp. Try not to get lost, tourist." Carlos said.

Dani looked at Hanna then at the destroy tank then back at Hanna. "That was... pretty h... I mean badass." Dani said, Hanna cheeks redden a bit before she shook her head. "Yeah, I had to make sure we got every one." Hanna said.

.........

Hanna and Dani approached Carlos at the table. "So, what's next?" Hanna asked. Carlos turned around and looked at the duo. "I got word that Jose's pissed about his poison. You two fucked up his operation good. Maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe. So now I'm going to ask you two for a favor. Our people are rotting in Jose's prisons. One of them,  Miguel, he's like a son to me. We'll need a prison truck to bust them out. Steal one, then meet me at the gas station near prison. We drive in, grab our people and leave before anyone gets smart." Carlos explains. "I'm trusting you and Hanna with this, Tourist. Don't fuck it up." Carlos adds.

"We'll have that truck in no time." Hanna said, Carlos nods. "Don't take too long with that poison truck." Carlos told them both.

...........

Dani and Hanna parked the truck and waited around for Carlos in the garage. "Whoa. Master of disguise over here." Dani said, Hanna shook her head as they both hopped out of the truck. "Shut up and get in the back." Carlos said.  Dani nodded. Both Hanna and Dani hopped into the back.

"First time going back to this place since I broke out, it used to be a school. I sent my kids there." Carlos said. "How long were you inside?" Dani asked. "Eight months, Maybe more. Eighteen hour days in the fields getting whipped and breathing in poison fucks with the memory." Carlos replied. "Sounds like hell." Dani said. "A hellscape nobody deserves to experience well.. except those who deserve it." Hanna added on. "Si, but I had Miguel, We kept each other straight." Carlos went on. "Yeah. you said he was like a son to you." Dani said. "Toughest motherfucker I know. Raised him like he was my own. Taught him to box. He almost made Senor Yara before we got taken."  Carlos explained on.

"How did you get out?" Dani asked. "Camila snuck in one night, Sliced up three guards, took two bullets to her shoulder, grabbed a hostage and sprung me and Philly." Carlos replied. "That sounds like Espada." Hanna answered. "Oh yeah, sounds like Espada." Dani replied to Hanna. "That's my girl but she couldn't find Miguel and by that time there was too much heat. So we left him behind with more of our people..." Carlos said. That put Hanna a bit uneased, thoughts came to mind. 'What if he turned his back on Carlos and Espada. Put her, Dani or anyone in a dangerous spot... so many thoughts went through her head at that very moment, but she knew she had to stay on top of this. "...Just hope.. There's something left of him." Carlos finished. 

"We are close. No more talk." Carlos said, Dani and Hanna nodded.

.........

Dani and Hanna helped them get into the truck. "Carlos Montero.. what are you doing here?" One of them asked. "Where's Miguel?" Carlos asked. "I don't know. The guards took him somewhere in the prison." He replied. "Mierda! it's off. We walk." Carlos said. Hanna shook her head. "Go, Hanna and I will find Miguel." Dani said, Hanna nodded. "If you two get caught, it's you against the fucking army." Carlos said. "Relax you old stubborn fossil, you still underestimate me, ready to prove you wrong once again." Hanna said, Carlos looked at her stunned. "It's OK papa. I wore my big boy pants." Dani said. "Crazy motherfuckers." Carlos said. "It isn't the first time I've heard that one." Hanna stated as Her and Dani hopped out. "Meet us at that gas station when you got him. Suerte." Carlos said as he shut the back door.

Her and Dani hid behind the crates. The truck pulled away. "De pinga. We don't even know what this guy looks like.." Dani stated. Hanna looked at the guards. "We'll just have to wing it, (Shit) this place is bombarded with guards, so let's handle this with caution." Hanna explained. "Let the chaos begin...shall we?" Hanna added.  "Let's do this." Dani said.

.....

After taking out all the guards and Alarms, they grabbed the key and approached the cell. "Hey! What are you..." The guard said but was cut off when Hanna took him out with a singular headshot. She sighed. 

Dani opened the gate the door. "You better be Miguel." Dani said. Hanna nodded. "Let's get the fuck out of here... lead the way." Miguel stated. "Carlos... we found Miguel." Dani said. "Good work Tourist, Now get him out of there and meet me at the gas station." Carlos said.

"Where's Carlos?" Miguel asked. "Up ahead." Dani replied. "Up ahead, where?" Miguel asked. "The Gas Station." Hanna replied. "I know it's hard but you have to trust us. Everything's going to be ok now." Dani replied.

.......

They all made back to Camp by nightfall. "Cono Asere, you look like shit." Philly said as he approached Miguel. "I thought you motherfuckers were on rations." Miguel replied. "Still a dick." Philly remarked. Miguel offered a drink to Carlos but he refused. "Still dry.. good for you." Miguel said. "Hanna and I'll drink his." Dani said as he took the drink. "We... what makes you think?" Hanna asked. Dani rose a brow at the woman.

Hanna noticed tension between Espada and Miguel. Hanna shook her head as the thoughts from earlier were coming back. "You know what Rojas.." Hanna said as she took a drink. Dani looked at the woman,stunned. She chuckled at his reaction.

"You did good, Tourist. When I first saw you I wanted to gut you like crocodile, Hanna was definitely right about you. Now you two are a Montero now, Dani. " Carlo said. "Gracias. So do I call you papa now?" Dani asked."Shut up and drink." Carlos said to him. Hanna chuckled. Her and Dani took shots after shot, enjoyed the night.