Part 20

As Karan and Kiyara entered the hotel, heads turned and whispers filled the air. Karan, with his striking features and confident demeanor, exuded an aura of wealth and sophistication. People stole glances, trying to discreetly admire the man. They started clicking pictures.

Gossip filled the air : clicking pictures and taking videos
"Look Karan is here" (got up with excitement)
"Damm he looks so hot"
"Shall we go and talk to him?"
"Who is he with? Is she his girlfriend?"
"Both look good together"

By hearing this statement "Both look good together"Karan had a wide smile on his lips. Karan looked at those people and said "Thank you" and waved hands. Girls got mad when Karan waved at them and started screaming with excitement.

They both reached their table Karan pulled chair for Kiyara and sat opposite to her.

Karan passed the menu card to her
Karan : What would like to eat?
Kiyara : Never been here before so you choose
Karan : Waiter (waved his hand)
Waiter : Yes sir?
Karan : 1 plate panner chilly dry, 1 plate Schezwan noodles umm 1 plate cut dosa, 2 plate masala pappad. Yes this much for now. Thank you
Waiter : Ok sir and he left

Kiyara : You love these dishes ?
Karan : No you love it so I ordered. (Tenderly watching her)
Kiyara : Hmm good info.
Karan : I'm amazed you not asking how did I get this information from.
Kiyara : If you can dig into my past of why I stopped playing then this info would be a piece of cake for you isn't it?

Karan : (he smiled) I swear have never seen such smart girl, the girls till now I have been on date with would always act cute and immature but you different I like it. (Excitement filled in his eyes)
Kiyara : Don't take this as date ok?
Karan : Date with you? Are you kidding me? It's just I had no one to have dinner so I made plan with you. (Looked the other way smiling)

Dishes were served on table. Both started having food. Waiter served them panner chilly and noodles in their dishes. 

Kiyara took a bite of panner chilly "umm... tasty"
Karan smiled "great have more" and started eating.

Karan : You might have known who I'm right? Kiyara : Yes rich spoiled international basketball player.
Karan : Spoiled and me? Why do you think so?
Kiyara : Your Instagram feed says it all.
Karan : So you stalked me Haan?
Kiyara : Nahh when you send me request my brother happened to be there he checked your profile showed me your video and said who you are. Also your today's moves in match gave a hint you didn't played that way in last match.
Karan : I was just testing you.
Kiyara : So did I pass?
Karan : Yes you did. But today you were not so good.
Kiyara : Agreed no worries let's play tomorrow teach me tricks what say ?
Karan : Ok done.

Karan : Btw did you find about your incident who helped you? (He was waiting eagerly to know who could be so good enough to get through this?)
Kiyara : Ya I did (having a bite of cut dosa)
Karan : Ohhh....umm who was that???(sadness in his voice)
Kiyara : My fiancé (looking down and smiling)

Karan heard this and chocked the food and started coughing. Kiyara looked at him and passed him water.
Kiyara : Are you ok? (her expression got serious)
Karan : You...your fiancé? (Coughing still) When did you get a fiancé ?
Kiyara : Forget that first you drink water. (Got up from her chair and rubbed his back)
Karan drank the water "I'm..I'm fine, thanx"

Kiyara sat on her chair "what happened suddenly?"
Karan : Ahem...Ahh nothing I guess I eat hot chilly.
He couldn't say the real reason.

Karan's heart skipped a beat as Kiyara casually mentioned her fake fiancé. His mind raced with questions, and a sense of unease settled over him. Was Kiyara serious? Had she been joking? He couldn't tell.

Trying to maintain his composure, Karan excused himself from the table, feigning the need to take an important call. As he stepped away, he discreetly motioned for his guard, Raj, to join him.

"Raj, I need you to discreetly gather some information for me," Karan said in a hushed tone. "Find out everything you can about Kiyara's supposed fiancé. I need to know who he is and what his intentions are."

Meanwhile at the table Kiyara "it's so easy to trick him, silly boy" she really enjoyed his company it was very ease to be with him.

He attended the call and went back to the table

Karan : Sorry had to make important call.
Kiyara : No worries, have your food you hardly had any. (pointing his plate)

Karan was about to take a bite but stopped and kept the spoon down in plate. His mind raced with questions that begged for answers.

"What's your fiancé's name?" In serious expression.
Kiyara : Your secretary didn't say you? (wiping her hands with tissue and looking at him with a smile)
Karan : Sorry? But...
Kiyara : You got so much information about me you would have 1st digged about my love life. But anyways he is my fake fiancé, he helped me to get out of this mess.
Karan : Fake fiancé? And wait why didn't you mention fake before?
Kiyara : Just wanted to play around with you, you very easy to trick.
Karan : Don't ever play such foolish things with me (started eating his food) but why fake?
Kiyara : Long story will tell someday later.
Karan : Ok, so you single that's good (had a wide smile on his face) (speaking to self)

Kiyara : Why are you smiling?
Karan : Ohh nothing have your food and let's go out for dessert I know one amazing place.
Kiyara : Ok