Part 38

Next morning

Kiyara reached office on her regular timing, her mind already buzzing with the day's tasks. As she settled into her workspace trying to figure out the task of client Shruti knocked on door

Shruti : Mam, Karan sir is here
Kiyara signalled to let him in.

Karan entered "Hello beautiful, long time no see"
Kiyara got up smiling and went near him shake hands and made him sit on couch

" Wssup? How come you here?"
Karan : Because you forgot me so I had to hop in (making cute face)
Kiyara : It's nothing like that just got busy with work. Ohh you want juice or something? Shruti...(getting up)
He held her hand and made her sit

"No no I'm here to invite you tonight"
Kiyara : Tonight??
Karan: Ridan is going to make an announcement so please come.
Kiyara : Ohh (getting up from her place) I have nothing to do with him anymore so I won't come (trying to organise the papers on her table)

Karan getting up : You still angry at bhai ?
Kiyara : He means nothing to me so there is no point in getting angry  (faking a smile)
Karan turned her towards him "But you are big fan of him right?"
Kiyara : I was but not anymore, so don't waste your time on convincing me I won't be there.

Karan got disappointed realising how much she is been hurt, he wanted to console her but didn't knew what to be done at this point??
" Atleast for me can you come? (Looking tenderly at her) I...I mean we are friends right so not bhai but I'm calling you, will you come then?" (Smiling, thinking atleast now she won't deny)

Kiyara : Im sorry Karan but I won't be there, anyway you should head back your bhai needs you. (Trying to suppress her emotions)
Karan : Ok (feeling disappointed he went)

Kiyara locked the door and tears started rolling down, she came and sat on couch putting her head on her legs couldn't stop crying. There was knock on door she wiped her tears brushed her hair and dress, tapping her face so no one knows she is crying. Took deep breath, calmed herself and went to unlock the door.

Kiyara slowly opened the door, her heart racing as she saw Ridan standing there, his presence filling the doorway. Time seemed to freeze as their eyes locked, a silent exchange passing between them, full of memories, emotions, and unspoken words. Neither of them said anything, yet everything they wanted to convey seemed to hang in the air between them. It was a moment frozen in time, a moment where past and present collided, leaving them both unsure of what would happen next.

Kiyara broke the silence "What do you want?" (Grim face)
Ridan : Can we talk?
Kiyara didn't respond and turned herself, Ridan came inside held her hand and closed the door.
Kiyara : Please leave Ridan (trying to release her hand)

Ridan pulled her closer holding her waste"Why did you cry?"
Kiyara's thoughts 💭 (How did he know? Are my eyes red yet?) I didn't cry, just leave me (trying to realise herself but failed)
Ridan : You can never lie Kiyara (holding grip of her stopping her to realise herself from his embrace)
Kiyara : Don't you have your arrangements to do? You still have time to flirt with girls outside. (Getting angry)
Ridan : I want you to be there tonight, I want to introduce you to someone.
Kiyara : I'm not coming, got your answer now leave.

Ridan's thoughts 💭
"Sorry Kiyara for the pain you have to go through because of me"

Kiyara : Are you done staring?
Ridan : I'm sorry....(his eyes getting teary for the pain he gave her)
Kiyara : Sorry??? Seriously?

He released her trying to settle himself so she couldn't see his teary eyes, settled his throat "Atleast for the support we gave each other for that sake you can come"
Kiyara : I have cut all my ties with you Ridan from that day, I have nothing to do with you anymore.

Hearing these words from her mouth he was broken.

Ridan : You hate me so much?
Kiyara : I feel nothing for you anymore so there is no hatred left inside me.
Ridan getting closer to her : Then why did you cry?
Kiyara : Because I liked a wrong person like you, I wanted to realise that emotion so
Ridan looked into her eyes which he knew were lying , she still likes him. He passed a smile and left.

After he went closing the door Kiyara started patting her chest "Damm I was almost caught, good I could handle myself well else his smile almost made me kiss him, ahhh damm Kiyara get yourself out of him" and she went back on her work.

~<>~

Ridan got into his car
Karan : Is she coming ?
Ridan : She will surely come
Karan : Wohh that was ovious tho no one can reject you bhai. On top of that she is crazy big fan of yours.
Ridan : Fan ?? (Confused)
Karan : Yes she is a big fan of yours, she wanted to go on a date with you, I heard she even want to marry you.
Ridan : Whattt???? She said this?(Surprised)
Karan : Sahil her brother said it and he also said that she talks to your picture everyday at night before sleeping, so much crazy fan she is.
Ridan smiled and looked outside the window.