Chapter 5: You? You're The Rogue?

Picture of Logan on the side, You will meet him the chapter ------------>

_______________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.)

Recap:

It was then I felt it. It was like someone had lifted a heavy weight from my shoulders. I felt free, unattached.

Damen listened to the tape! That had to be it. My wolf no longer felt the bond to him! I was actually free, unless I saw him again. Then the bond would start mending, not that I would let that happen. The only thing I'd be able to feel from him would be if he died. I would only be able to tell that.

I was ready to start my new life.

It was then I heard a low growl from behind me. Crap, I had forgotten to pay attention to my surroundings while I was celebrating. I was in trouble now.

____________________________________

I slowly turned around. The wolf standing behind me was completely black. What startled me about him was one of three things. One, his eyes were surprisingly human - they were a sky blue color. And two, he wasn't threatening me. He was just making his presence known. Three, he had an aura of power surrounding him, almost like an alpha would have. But there are no rogue alphas, and he was definitely a rogue; you could tell by the smell. Rogues had a unique smell that could only be described as unwashed dog. Yeah, it was probably literally that but it was more like an unclean smell that burned your nose slightly. I must have that smell now. Great.

The wolf in front of me shifted back to human. I averted my eyes because I didn't really want to see a naked stranger's junk. One plus about being a female shifter is that we are naturally smaller than males so we happened to be at a certain height when they shifted. Note the sarcasm when I say "plus."

Then I heard the man pull on a pair of sweatpants and then throw something in my directions. I turned my eyes back to him, jumped away from whatever he threw me and let out a warning growl.

"Easy there." The man said. I straightened out of my attack stance and glanced at what he threw me. "It's just a shirt and pants, no need to get all defensive. Now go shift."

I scoffed. Like hell I was going to shift because some stranger asked me to. I should try to make a break for it. And as if sensing I was going to try and run he said, "If you run I will catch you darling. Now don't make me ask you again." He waited for me to move, I didn't. "Fine have it your way. Shift!" He commanded me in his alpha voice. Crap, even my wolf couldn't refuse to follow his orders. Alphas have a voice they can use over people to get them to listen to them. They can only gain use to it when they take over the pack from their father.

I trotted off into the trees towing the shirt and pants he threw at me. I shifted back to human and grabbed my bag I still had with me. I walked back out from behind the trees and glanced at this mysterious alpha. He was standing with his arms crossed glaring at me. His muscles rippled with each movement. His longish blond hair fell into his eyes, those still strikingly blue eyes. And his sweatpants hung dangerously low on his hips. He was old enough to be my father so it wasn't as attractive as it would've been if he were my age, if only!

"Was that so hard?" He smirked at me. "My name's Logan, you?" He nodded in my direction.

"Why do you want to know? And what do you want?" I was being harsh but my inner Luna did not like being ordered around.

"Well, I wanted to know the name of the extremely rare female rogue I just found. And as for what I want: nothing. It's just rare to come across another still human rogue, let alone a female one. And a shifter none the less." He smirked again. What's his problem? Is there something on my face? Cocky people get on my nerves.