Chapter 9: You Need My Help

Picture of Heather, Phillip's daughter, who you'll her meet later! ------->

And by the way, I will go back to Jake (Cassidy's brother) and the letter she left him, later in the book, I have it all planned out, dont worry! I will go back to it!

And THANK YOU to Abigail_Grimm for the AWESOME cover!

__________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

*Close to five months later* 

Every night was better than the last! I performed a new song every day I was scheduled to perform. I had managed not to repeat any songs in the last five months. The next morning I woke up after my first performance and sending my brilliant idea to my mom, I had a major headache. All the cheering and loud music was still banging around in my head, making it seem like what I think a hangover would feel like.  

I knew that my mom would understand the plant I sent her five months ago. I was trying to make something that you wouldn't be able to trace back to me. Of course, I hadn't put any return address on the package and I paid for the shipping with cash. If anyone bothered to question about the plant, they would first have to figure out what it was, and then what the wolf howling at the moon meant on the leaf. Only my mom, or even possibly Jake but not likely, would understand that the wolf was meant to represent me, and the wolf howling at the moon - a sacred thing to all wolves- would represent that I was alive. The plant, also known as nightlock - which is very poisonous - if they knew what it was, would represent our last name, which is similar: Knightlock. Yet another sign that it is from me. I had no doubt my mom knew what it meant, but I had doubts that anyone else would figure it out. And I hope that no one mistakes the berries on the plant for edible berries... They would even kill a wolf slowly and painfully, not a fate I would wish on anyone, except maybe my whore of a sister. I can't even say her name without losing control and shifting.  

Today I promised to meet Phillip and Riley, who I was right about being Alpha and Beta, at the club so they could take me and introduce me to their pack. I was less than excited, but I just had this gut feeling that I had to go today. Something was going to happen, I didn't know what, but I knew something was about to change yet again. I just hoped it was for the best.  

I told Logan I was heading out to the club, and because he wasn't coming, he gave me the whole "be careful and watch your back" speech. I rolled my eyes at the memory of it; he was really like an overprotective father. I definitely consider him my dad. He is my family now; him, Riley and Phillip. 

The woods seemed quiet and peaceful today. The birds chirped, the creek made a background bubbling sound, and all you could hear were my footsteps if I stepped on any twigs or old leaves. I walked through town, stopped in Joe's Family Diner and ordered a coffee and a small piece of their heavenly apple crisp. It was the best thing I had ever had. It was crunchy yet gooey. It was sweet yet had a little sourness from the apples. It was like an explosion of flavors on your pallet.  

I made my way down the now familiar alleyway to the club entrance. I opened the door and yelled, "Your favorite she-wolf has arrived!" 

I heard chuckling to the right of me and looked to see the both of them, Phillip and Riley, cleaning up a little still from last night's performance. I draw in a pretty good sized crowd. Now, only if Briella, ugh I hate her name, could see me know! She'd faint, or better yet die from shock! Does it make me a bad person do find joy in her death? Probably. Do I care? Absolutely NOT. 

"I don't know about our favorite...." Phillip smirked; he had become a lot like a brother to me. "I know that you would be more of my favorite if you helped clean up the mess you brought in last night!" He sighed exasperatedly.