Chapter 31: Take A Step Towards Happiness

HERE YOU GO!!!! Enjoy:)

Picture of her father --->

_____________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

My mom actually agreed to breaking the bond. 

She wants a chance at happiness. I won't be forced to lose her too. I let out a sigh of relief. Too many people had exited my life, I couldn't bare to add another name to that list, not the special name of my mom. My mom has been there for me for as long as I could remember. She was there as my shoulder to cry on, she was there as my rock, she was the only constant I had in my life. Losing my mom would be like losing a lung, I need it to survive. Im not ready to brave the world without her. I don't think I will be for a long time yet. 

Walking down the hall away from my mom and back towards Damen's office, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. My life was beginning to look up for once. I finally gave into my instincts and forgave my mate. I know he is trying his hardest to make it up to me too, and that thought alone makes the butterflies start flapping their wings in my stomach. Without knocking I walked into Damen's office. He look amazingly sexy in his dress shirt and slacks, it had me licking my lips hungrily. Would it really be that bad to let him claim me here and now? I asked myself, shaking my head and telling myself to get my head out of the gutter, I walk over to Damen. I know he notices me but he doesn't look up from the document he has in his hand, so to get his attention I walk around the desk until I'm directly behind him. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and lean down and start kissing up and downs his neck. The moment my lips touch his neck I feel a shiver run through is body, making me smirk in satisfaction.  

"You shouldn't do that." Damen whispers huskily. 

"And why is that?" I say between kisses. 

Next thing I know I am sitting on Damen's desk and his arms are boxing me in, leaving no room to escape, not that I would anyways. "Because," Damen starts, leaning in so his lips brushed against my ear, "I may not be able to control myself." This time its my turn to shiver in pleasure. What has gotten into me? When did I become such a hussy? I blame it on my wolf. 

"Who says I want you to stop?" I ask Damen, but it only comes out in a breathy-whisper. 

That was all it took for him to crash his lips to mine. I would never get tired of kissing him thats for sure. His lips fit perfectly against mine, they were made to be mine. That thought alone made me smile and pull him closer, deepening the kiss. Our tongues battled for dominance, a battle I was fine with losing. Sparks erupted from where ever our skin touched, making me want to feel all of him pressed against me. I was slowly losing control of my wolf, who wanted to complete the mating process, and I soon found myself reaching up to undo the buttons on his dress shirt. That got Damen's attention, making him stiffen. 

"Wait, wait," Damen says grabbing my hands, "As much as I'd love to continue this, it it neither the time nor place..." He says trailing off. 

I nod, yes I'm slightly disappointed, but I will have my chance. "I know, but can I get at least one more kiss instead?" I plead, with my puppy-dog eyes. 

He groans, "How am I supposed to say no to anything when you do that?" 

I smirk, "Your not." I pull his neck back down towards me, crashing his lips to mine once again. I tangle my fingers into his hair, making him growl lustfully. Having him right where I want him I pull away suddenly and hop down from his desk, smirking to myself as I go and sit down in a chair across from him.