Chapter 37: For the Last Time: Home

Thank you to everyone for the vote and new followers! biochick666, aminaahmed210, darkdragon728, cokopuff78, Dem_Dimples_Doe14, lilsis172_JTK, Love_Today_22, AngieBotelloEmoLove, AbenaLokko, ceruleanwolf, B-I-T-C-H-PLEASE, Gummy_writer_20, No_longer_copper, KaseyBrubaker-Slecht, Amazingbooklover1, kayajay, ReadWriteRide21, tashayours, cece1997, blackstar1111, and Dizzy_Baby29. I love you all<3

This chapter is dedicated to Mary66700, thank you for your post:) my favorite so far! Thank you, you have no idea what that means to me:) You are an amazing fan! For you:)

_________________________________________________

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

It had been far too long since I had set my eyes on my beautiful mate. She's my everything; not being able to see her is killing me, and knowing it's my fault makes it even worse. If I had just accepted her, not rejected my perfect match, none of this would have ever happened. If she ever came back - no - when she comes back, I will do everything in my power to never make another mistake. I will work as hard as I can to keep that beautiful smile on her perfect face. I never want to see her that mad, so mad that she goes on a rampage killing every rogue in her path. Even I'll admit that I was terrified, she looked as if she would even kill me without a second thought. She looked stronger than any other wolf I have ever seen, even some of the rather powerful Alpha males. She is incredible, and if by some miracle she comes back and can forgive me, I will do everything in my power to make her life as happy as it should've been from the moment I knew she was destined to be mine.  

Shaking the thoughts from my mate and back to the situation in front of me I internally groaned. In front of me were the cells in the basement of the pack house - the place we hold prisoners from wars or traitors, or in this case people who cause such a ghastly dramatic scene: also known as my father and my mate's unfortunately pregnant sister. Despite the needs she has for the baby, she is treated as any other prisoner would be - none of the special treatment she has had all of her life, those days have run out. My father - the man I should've killed years ago - was yelling at the guards for not treating him "the way an Alpha should be treated," when in reality what he is getting is much better than I would've given him. See, it was Riley, my new Beta since he agreed, who decided to lock them up this way, something about waiting until Cassidy gets back and she can give out the proper punishment. Personally, I would've waited until my half brother or sister was born and then I would've killed them both, but Riley said we need Cassidy's input too, which he is right about yes, but that doesn't mean we have to put up with all of this drama. 

"Will you shut up for the love of everything that is still good in this world?" I yelled in my Alpha voice, and instantly the room quieted. I could see my father trying to fight the command, but seeing as his wolf is long gone, having lost it when we lost my mother, it was no use, he was merely human now. Then there was Briella. For once in her life she seemed to have finally shut up. She looked terrified, like she knew her days were numbered, which they are.  

"Not that this isn't nice and all, but I have to, um, meet someone outside..." Riley said quickly and then ran up the stairs. 

Now what? Was all I could think, what other thing does he have to deal with that is more pressing than this? Today we were supposed to figure out exactly what happened - well we know what happened - we need to know why - what are their reasons for this shameful event. But, seeing as my Beta has mysteriously run off, I didn't have anyone else here to keep me from killing my father. Just the thought of him makes my wolf fight for control; he wants to rip his throat out as much as I do. He wants revenge for all that he's done to us.  

"So father," I spat, "Why did you do it huh? Was it some kind of revenge for not listening to you those years ago? For not following whatever sick plan you had planned for me that didn't include my mate? Why did you make me reject her? When you knew she was everything I have ever wanted - since we were kids even! What gave you the right to order me to reject her? Did you get off on it? Huh?" I waited while the anger pulsed through my veins, but his lack of a response almost pushed me over the edge. "Answer me!" I yelled, my voice reverberating off the walls.