Chapter 8: Letter Home

Picture of Cassidy's mom (and Cassidy) to the side ------>

Another song in this chapter, so just so you know - I AM NOT CLAIMING RIGHTS TO THIS SONG, only BORROWING it. thanks:)

Listen to the song on the side as you read her singing it for the full effect!

Enjoy!

_________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.)

Singing on stage made me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to. It almost felt like I was a different person now that I've done it. A new page in the novel of my life I'd say.

I took a bow after I was done. Everyone had just erupted into applause. They were cheering and whistling. They were chanting my name even! I didn't think I was that good but I guess they thought so. Being up there was like looking your fear in the eye and then spitting in its face. As if I said I'm no longer afraid of u!

I was so engrossed in the audience and their cheering that I didn't even know I was asked a question.

"Wait, what?" I was soo blushing. How embarrassing!

"I asked you if you would like our new opening. You would perform twice a week, days of your choice. And every night you could probably fit anywhere from three to five songs into your set. So how about it?" The man who I had referred to as a sex god asked me.

"I'd have to say yes!" I said, obviously with a little too much excitement.

The man chuckled at my excitement and said, "Well welcome to our club Cassidy. I'm Phillip, your new boss." So that's the sex god's name. Funny, Phillip does NOT match his appearance! Like not at all!

I shook the hand he had extended out to me and went to walk off stage when Phillip caught my arm. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"Um, to find Logan?" I questioned.

"I think the crowd wants another song first sweetheart." He gave me some smirk. It was probably the one that was supposed to charm his way into girls' pants, but to me it looked like he was trying not to burp, or like hold something in... He looked uncomfortable and fake to me. Soo not an attractive quality. I raised my eyebrow at him and his smirk faltered. He really wasn't used to being shot down huh? Well he better get used to it.

"Look, your 'charm' is not going to work on me first of all, so lay off okay?" He nodded sheepishly. "And second, I will perform another song, quickly. I have some very important business to attend to." He nodded, handed back the microphone to me, and exited the stage.

I turned and looked at the band. "Know the song Stand?" I asked them. They nodded once again.

I turned to the crowd and gave them a small nod, as if to say okay Ill sing again! Chill!

I started to sing the song,

You feel like a candle in a hurricane

Just like a picture with a broken frame

Alone and helpless

Like you've lost your fight

But you'll be alright, you'll be alright

Cause when push comes to shove

You taste what you're made of

You might bend, till you break