Chapter 38: Let's Finish This

This may not be as long as a chapter as some of the others, but it has all I want in it:) I hope you like it!

Thank you to my new followers: star7575 and Astral4ever. Love you guys <3

_______________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

Damen quickly followed my order, looking a bit scared actually, which probably had something to do with the fact my eyes were very much my wolf's - blood red again. What can I say? She's as pissed as I am, being denied the time she should've spent with her mate by some man who thinks he can control who his son's destined mate is! No, today he will see that he signed his own death warrant the day he forced his son to reject his mate. I didn't care that he got my sister pregnant, I would kill her too if she wasn't pregnant. I'll have to revisit that option when the baby is born...  

I quickly grabbed his father by the back of his neck and dragged him away from Damen, Riley, and the small crowd of pack members that seemed to be interested in what was about to happen. Well they were in for quite a show. 

"Start from the beginning." I commanded. "What exactly did you foolishly think you could do?" I was trying my hardest to remain calm and keep my voice even and cold.  

His voice was hoarse when he spoke, probably from all his useless shouting or my hands were clenched tighter than I originally thought. "That day he set eyes on you, I instantly knew you two were mates, but you were never supposed to be. You were the pathetic little sister of the pack star, a little brat with no friends - not even your own brother was your friend." 

I growled loudly. "Be very careful talking about my brother; choose your words very carefully." My wolf was as angry as I was that he dared bring Jake into this. He had no right to cross that line.  

He just smirked evilly. "I ordered him to reject you on your birthday - the day you'd finally notice that he was meant to be yours. By then he would've been with other girls to get you out of his head - via my command of course. You would instantly forgive him yes?" I just growled. "I'll take that as a yes. But then he did the unforgiveable - or it was supposed to be at least. I thought your sister's little performance would push you over the edge sure, but I never thought you would run away! That was cake! It was almost perfect. Almost." He stopped for a moment, and I noticed a flicker of emotion pass over his eyes, but it was gone before I could tell what it was. "Then my mate got killed by a rogue and my son went into a little rampage. He had it in his mind that if he could somehow find you, you could somehow live happily ever after." He laughed sarcastically. "Boy he was sure pathetic. Then the news of your whereabouts shocked the pack. So naturally I sent a little welcoming present after you. I'm sure you got it yes?" He was grinning wider than a Cheshire cat, looking dementedly sick. 

"It was you!" I said horrified. "You sent those rogues after me! It wasn't a coincidence that the same day Damen found me that I was attacked and almost killed! Well you succeeded temporarily didn't you? Everyone thought I was dead, and I would've been if it hadn't been for Riley here."  

"Yes, my plan did work. You were dead, well as far as any of us knew you were. With Damen in such a vulnerable state it was the perfect time for his rightful mate to make a move, so she did. Briella, following her orders, took advantage of your poor little mate, making sure it wasn't fully "safe." But when she didn't get pregnant the plans started to fall apart, then you shattered all the plans when you showed up to your own funeral. You ruined it all! So we did whatever we could to keep you two apart."  

I cut him off. "You mean that you are the cause of every single heartbreaking event I have been through since I turned of age?!" I was furious. 

"Your damn right you bitch." He spat. "Everything was working too, even the pregnancy. You were furious that it was an Alpha's pup. You ruined everything I planned for my son!" He looked mad, but he was nowhere near as mad as I was.  

"How dare you!" Damen yelled across the clearing! Riley and a couple of the stronger pack members in the audience pinned him down so he wouldn't run out and attack his father himself. I heard him telling everyone to get off of him but I ordered them to stay where they were, this was my fight - I was going to end this.  

"Fine. Let's settle this once and for all jackass. Shift!" I commanded. 

"I can't." He said pathetically. 

"Fine we will settle this as humans." I said, knowing he didn't stand a chance either way. 

"I have been waiting to kill you since you were born." He spat. Empty words from a sad and empty man. 

I waited for him to make the first move, and I wasn't disappointed. He charged at me, similarly to the way he did at my funeral, only this time he didn't shift as he got closer. I waited for him to get close enough before I kicked him back across the clearing. It was almost deja vu - he hit another tree, and didn't seem to be getting up. Without his werewolf healing he was merely human - no advanced strength or power. He would feel the injuries as a human would and he will die from them just as human would. I walked slowly across the clearing and reached him just as he was trying to get up.  

"Did you really think you would get away with any of it? That all your plans would work? Don't you know you can't fight fate? You are the stupidest man I have ever met. The most pathetic and weak Alpha there has ever been." I crouched down to his level where he was still struggling to get up. "Didn't you know that you would and could never win? How did you think this was going to go down? That somehow you'd overpower me? You have the strength of a human - hell if that. I could let you die from these injuries but where would the fun in that be?" My wolf was too close to the surface to stop now; she wanted to see more pain. 

I quickly stood up and kicked him in the side. "That was for the rejection." I kicked him again, hearing a few ribs crack. "That was for the rogues." I grabbed him off the ground and tossed him into another tree - blood now coming out of his nose, mouth, and several cuts on various limbs. "That was for Jake." He was slouched against the tree looking defeated. He was already going to die from his injuries, but I had to end this myself. "Now this," I said pinning him up against the tree, holding him by his throat, "this is for everything else and all the pain and unnecessary deaths you have caused." I snapped his neck and threw his body to the ground.  

I quickly shifted and howled to the sky.  

All the pain and suffering was now over. All we had to deal with was my sister, and maybe everything was not her fault, she was ordered too. But that will be dealt with later. 

I took a deep breath and walked over to my mate, still in wolf form, laid next to him, and closed my eyes. 

Enough drama for a lifetime and it was finally done with. Life can finally start being like it should've been all along - happy.

________________________________________

And we are almost at the end! What did you guys think? Please let me know:)

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto