Chapter 33: Third Time's the Charm

Alright!! I know it had been quite a while, but here's a chapter!! And Its in Riley's P.O.V. as you can see, via request of my account partner, Goofy:)

Also, thanks to my new followers!!!!: Breezy1701, sillysun9811, BeccaChidester, aphrodite02, justme1623, Rachael Carberry, Dawn Wilkes, Barbiegal_10, lyssbro, and biohazard666. I love you all:) <3

Now to the chapter:) Please comment away about it?

___________________________________________

(Riley's P.O.V.) 

It had been a few weeks since Jake's funeral, and all seemed to be slowly getting back to normal, or whatever normal was to this pack. Cassidy and I went back to just being friends, and I realized I really am okay with it. Yeah, I really liked her, and maybe thought I loved her, but that all stemmed out of the fact my mate is the complete opposite I wanted her to be. Cassidy was the closest thing I had to love, to someone like my ideal mate, and I used that to justify the feeling I had for her. I was blinded by the fact we were both hurting, we were blinded by that. Everything was much simpler when we were just friends, and that was where we should've stayed from the start.  

Thinking back to when I rejected Briella, I don't remember it as an awful experience. It was the opposite in fact. She has just been with someone else, which was clearly evident by the rancid smell of sex on her. She didn't seem to care what so ever that what she was doing hurt her mate, she was truly heartless, and that made it all the easier for me. My wolf didn't even protest. He was fine with rejecting her, as apparently her wolf was as a hussy as the human - she didn't want a mate either and had apparently told him she found someone else too. How could anyone stomach even being with her? She was the pack bicycle - everyone had had a ride, she was used and worn out. As much as it should've pained me to hurt her, to reject my "other half," it didn't hurt one bit. She didn't really seem all too phased by it either in fact. I was just glad she didn't put up a fight because I was already close to hitting her, and even though I vowed I'd never hit a girl, I was getting real close to doing so because of her disgusting attitude and ego the size of a blimp, which was coincidentally the size of her ass also. 

Now, just sitting on the couch watching Evangeline for Cassidy and Damen, while they are off trying to train the pack, I feel much better. I feel like everything is starting to look up; like everything will be right again. There is light at the end of my tunnel, I just have to get there. I hope to find someone who can love me for me. Someone I can tell all my secrets to, even about being a werewolf. I hope to find a girl who will be honest, faithful, and have a kind heart. I know there is a girl out there for me, I just need to get out and look for her.  

By the time training is over its dinner time. Damen comes and takes the little Angel, while Cassidy and I, along with her new younger pack friends, go and start dinner. It doesn't take long with all the help we have, but we had to make sure all the younger ones weren't doing anything stupid like catching themselves on fire again. Yes, I said again. It seems that Charlie, as good as he may be with Evangeline, is awful when he tries to cook. He somehow managed to catch himself on fire while trying to help his make pancakes one morning, we still don't know how he managed that, but since then, we keep a close watch on the younger pack members while they help. We have also had to tell Charlie that he shouldn't try to help, he should just try watching, or watching Evangeline instead, to keep him from getting hurt.  

After dinner is cooked and cleaned up, I decide that I'm going to take a walk. Cassidy offers company but I deny it, as I want to just wander around for a few hours. I grab my jacket and just walk for hours, like I said I would. I end up in a park. There is a big fountain in the center, with strange statues that the water comes out of. The fountain isn't overly busy but there are still people shuffling about their lives at this hour, none paying attention to the others, it was almost sad to see. In the fountain I can see a ton of coins, meaning that there are a ton of wishes that were made here. I decide that I'm going to add to that tonnage of wishes and get a coin from my pocket.  

I wish that someday, I will find someone I can love and cherish the way one should be able to do for their mate.  

I toss the coin in and then take a deep breath. It may seem stupid of me to feel happy about this, but I almost feel like something is different, even now. As I turn to walk away from the fountain I crash into someone and their purse goes crashing to the ground.  

"I am so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going!" She rushes, quickly bending down to pick up her belongings. 

"It's quite alright," I laugh, "It was my fault also." I bend down and help her pick up her belongings also. And as we are picking up, almost cliché-like, our hand brush. I instantaneously feel sparks fun up my arm, sparks that can only be compared to a mates touch. And as almost to confirm my thoughts, my wolf whispers: "Mate." I know she feels it too because she pulls her hand back quickly and her eyes instantly shoot up to meet mine. 

It's like my heart stops. My breathing catches in my throat. Looking at her, it's like my world just found a new focus, like she is my light. Her light, chocolate colored brown eyes seem to be looking straight into my soul. It's like I've known her for years, like she can see the real me. Her short curly blond hair is such a contrast with her brown eyes that my breath seems to catch again. Looking over the rest of her face, I can't help but be mesmerized. Her face has the cutest chin that juts out on a slight angle, her cheek bones are high and covered in her magnificent rose colored blush, she has the cutest dimple from where her plump, kissable lips are half smiling to the side, and my favorite detail, is the fact that she looks so innocently sweet. She instantly captured my heart and soul with just a glance.  

"H-Hi," I clear my throat, trying to find my voice and confidence again, "I'm Riley." I reach out my hand for her to shake. 

She blushes again, making my heart both stop and beat impossibly faster again at the same time. "Hi," She says with the most angelic voice I have ever heard, reaching to grasp my hand, sending the sparks flying once again, making my wolf purr in happiness. "I'm Lucy." She smiles, taking my breath away once again, 

"Lucy," I say, liking how it sounds on my tongue. I see her visibly shiver, maybe I have the same effect she has on me on her. "That is a beautiful name."  

I get the satisfaction of seeing her blush once again. We both stand up, both seeming unwilling to leave. I see her brow crease as if she is thinking really hard about something and then I see her begin to gnaw at her lip, turning me on without even noticing. I have to stifle a groan and hold back from kissing her right then and there. "I don't normally do this," She says, breaking me from my thoughts, "especially with someone who just knocked all my stuff to the ground," She teases, earning a laugh from me, "but would you like to get some coffee with me?" She seems rather nervous, but she has absolutely no reason to be, how could I ever turn her down? 

"I would be honored." I reply smiling like a fool. 

It looks like that fountain might have made my wish come true after all...

___________________________________________

Soooo? What do you think now? Are we happy for Riley? Sorry to anyone who was ever team RIley for Riley and Cassidy, but I have other plans:) I am trying to write more now, as finals and stress-time is FINALLY over!!

Please,

VOTE

COMMENT!!!!

and, ENJOY:)

-Pluto