Chapter 23: Our Second Chance

Updated as of 6/11/13

Well sorry I updated late, I was working on it! Hope you like it! Thank you to my amazing co-account bestie for making this chapter better then I could've imagined through her perfect suggestions and additions, Enjoy:)

Riley's song is to the side if you want to hear it!

_______________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

After Riley found a shirt and we got Charlie to watch Evangeline for us, we headed out to the club in search of some much needed fun.  

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice I instantly recognized as Damen's called to us from the pack house's door.  I immediately stiffened.

"Out." Was all I said as we got into my mom's car. We took my mom's car there instead of running in wolf form because we didn't feel like changing in and out of our clothes. Sometimes that's too big of a hassle to do, especially when I am in skinny jeans and heels, no way I want to carry those with me in wolf form. That's an accident waiting to happen.  

Once in the car Riley and I fell into a semi-uncomfortable silence. I decided to break it. "Sooo..." I started.  

"What?" Was all Riley said. 

"What are you planning on doing?" I asked. I wasn't sure if I should be asking him about his unfortunate mate or not but I took the risk. 

"About what?' He was playing dumb in an attempt to avoid the topic but I saw right through that. No way was he getting off that easy. 

"About that fact you smell like a werewolf." I said sarcastically. "What do you think? What are you planning to do about your mate?" I said sharply.  

Riley tensed. I think his wolf was starting to surface and fight for control because his hands death gripped the steering wheel. When he finally spoke it sounded forced. "I think I will have to reject her wont I?" 

"Do you want to? Maybe you can get her to change?" I offered, trying to be supportive of whatever he decided to do. As if I wouldn’t be completely heartbroken if he kept my sister. Don’t get me wrong, not for may sake, but for Rileys: he deserved way better than her.

"It's just she isn't anything I pictured my mate would be like. She is rude, uncaring, slutty, and smells foul. Her natural scent smelled something like strawberries but that god awful perfume made it smell rotten. Then there's how she dresses - like really? Does she have any respect for herself? Then there is the worst part." He said gravely. "I could smell five different guys' scents on her today in the kitchen..." 

When a female's scent is mixed it's because she has slept with someone, or she is mated. When wolves sleep with someone they leave a lingering smell on each other that will last for about three days. Poor Riley. His mate not only didn't wait for him but whores around. I'd understand if she had slept with someone before but that many guys is outrageous. I wonder if Briella had realized that Riley was her mate. Did she? Or did she just ignore it? Was she planning on rejecting him if she did? Why is everything have to be so screwed up? 

I reached out and rubbed Riley's arm, he seemed to calm down slightly. "What does your wolf want?" I asked. 

"He seems confused. He wants to be with her but he can't seem to forget about all the men she has clearly slept with. He has left the choice up to me I think..." He said quietly.  

"So you think you are going to reject her? Or talk to her about it?" 

He sighed. "If I talk to her I think it would make it worse. I think next time I see her I'm going to just reject her and try to move on." He gave me a small smile as we pulled up to the club. How we got there so quick I didn't know, nor did I care. "Come on I just want a night to forget about it all and have some fun." He said while holding out his arm for me. At least sometimes he was like a gentleman.