25. Healing him

The three of us stand baffled on the ground on which Kwan drops on his face, a pool of blood flowing out beneath his laid body. He's been shot. And shot in the chest.

"Sir, Mam, you all are safe. Please go inside the van. We'll take care of him from—"

"You won't do shit!! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!! WHO TOLD YOU TO SHOOT? HUH? TELL ME WHO!!!" Yoongi jumps on the police officer who came running to us after the gunshot took place. Supposedly they are the one who shot him. And most probably they will name this an encounter shot if Kwan ends up...

Namjoon goes to detangle Yoongi from the squirming Officer who is right now in the captivation of his hands, strangling him hard.

I was looking at the wounded man on the ground. It's true the sight of blood and gunshots are not new to me. But I don't stay present at the site where it takes place. I've never seen someone being shot in front of me, be that someone I was starting to grow sympathy for.

I limpingly proceed towards him. But right before I sit down to check his pulses, someone holds my arms to make me stand still. I look at him, my eyes teary, threatening to flow down any moment, the corners are red, due to.. many, reasons at this point.

Jongkook looks at me frowning, holding me away from the shot man. "Let's go inside the van. They'll take care of him and send him to the hospital." He says. But his words take longer than usual to reach my processing brain as I stare dumbfounded at him. "Wh-what? B-but he, he needs.."

A sting of senses stable me as I move my eyes to the previously strangled officer who was now straightning his uniform. "Officer! How Long Will It Take To Take Him to The Nearest Hospital?" I ask, terrified of the possible answer, "upto an hour." Exactly, this.

Yoongi's eyes meet mine. His jaw dropped at me asking for the time. "W-why Yn? I-is it? He'll be okay right?"

Perhaps he read my mind. Or I don't know. But the spot where he got the bullet in, is awfully dangerous for him to save his life. And even if I or anyone make it in time, there will be possibilities of his nervous system getting wrecked at the shock and damage of the hit.

"No, No he needs to get treated right away. Any passing second is dangerous for his life he's probably fighting for." I look the still body lying near me, with a thumping heart.

"We need to do something Yoongi. Please tell me you won't let him die." Yoongi slowly pans his eyes at his former friend. Scared to ruin the thin string of life he's holding onto.

"Please!" A sob gets out of me.

I didn't notice the whole team of police along with the rest of the members were standing just beside us. As one of them speaks, "they got the ambulance for Namjoon. Can we use that? You'll have first aid kit their right?"

"Oh shut up Tae, how is she gonna treat this much critical patient with a first aid kit?" Jimin shuts him up. But..

I run jerking my hands out of Jongkook's grasp. I ran towards the said ambulance I saw panning my tired eyes through the open area in the dim, gloomy morning light.

Getting out the kit, that should not be entirely as simple as a "first-aid" since it's an ambulance, I hope to find atleast a scalpel and a forcep in it, if not every surgical tool I opt for.

I sit beside Kwan as Hoseok helps me out turning his sore and almost lifeless body upside. I request him to open the shirt. But he tears it anyway. I can hear the police officer and Jin arguing heavily about me being about to treat like an unauthorized person. But I'm too engrossed in my oath that I took years ago to pay attention to their shouts.