29. Luke Warm

"Yn, You ready?"

Yoongi asks after parking the car in the basement of the restaurant the two families are gonna meet. His hand travels to mine and he grasps it gently. I look at him, as his stifled nervousness gets showcased no matter what.

I give him a light smile, being unable to act much enthusiastically as my stomach is taking twists as well. He is trying to be strong for us, and that's what keeping me sane.

I rub my thumb on his hand to calm him down. "I'm ready, but I'll be needing you Yoongi!"

He returns the smile I'm wearing. A moment passes as we stay watching each other. Then another. Then another when his other hand cups my face, leaning in for a kiss. I lean forward as well and our lips meet as gently and lightly as ever. No one moves, and that's what radiates a much deeper comfort to both of us.

He backs off just to talk,

"I love you Yn."

"I love you too Yoongi!"

"I'll always be there for you. You know that right?"

"I know. And that's why I'm not breaking down and my knees are stable." I chuckle as I peck his lips one more time.

"No matter what happens, please know what we decide will be the last decision."

"Okay. I believe you."

A range of giggles slides away with the next couple of minutes we keep giving each other butterfly kisses. As the moment snarls up when we make it to the fifth floor, where our parents are sitting.

Astonishingly not in complete silence.

The workers of the place works hard to meet our orders of foods we placed, as we get a little comfortable with our families.

Not going to lie, but as much as I'm worried about my father permitting us, I was scared about us from his parents too. In the last year I've met them once. And even though they behaved so well with me, but the lingering what if in an overthinker's brain stays always.

What if they suddenly decide I'm not good for him?

Will he go against them even if they insist so much? What if something really not as planned happens?

And blah blah blah...

I get out of the trance as a little squeeze on my hand wakes me up. I look beside me to Yoongi being concerned. His eyes close forcefully to assure me evey thing is fine. And I nod back as my attention goes to my mom.

This is the moment. Now.

"Mom, dad.."

We both ask for their attention together.

"We decided to take our relationship one step forward." I say, feeling a lump near my throat due to the huge amount of stress bowing me down.

"We invited you today to ask for your permissions." He completes my sentence.

A loud silence takes over the neatly done, aesthetically pleasing table as our entertwined hand under the table-cloth sweats profusely. Only for him to grab it more tightly.

Because of the excellent service of the restaurant, the food reaches us and the awkward and uncomfortable silence gets hindered by the tinkers of plates and chopsticks.

I look at mom, and she gets my signal. The next moment I see father looking at her. Mom is gonna take care of it, right?

"Yoongi, Yn.."

Yoongi's Father starts talking before the waiters completely left our vicinity. My heart bumps largely in the unknown comment he is going to make about us.