Chapter 2

Last Night

I walked into the hotel ready for this race weekend. I knew it was going to be huge as it was Red Bulls home race. I saw the lobby of the hotel littered with orange already.

Ring Ring

Incoming Call: Muppet

Y/N: Hey where are you?

Lando: In the lobby. Where are you?

Y/N: In the lobby...

I looked around a little more and still didn't see my best friend anywhere.

Lando: You're at the Hotel Paradis right?

Y/N: Yeah the Paradise Hotel.

Lando: Oh no...

Y/N: What?

Lando: You're at the wrong hotel you muppet! I'll send you where I am.

I looked at my phone as I got a notification. He sent me his location and a picture of the front of the building.

Y/N: Oh... Paradis

I said emphasizing the deese at the end.

Y/N: Not paradise.

Lando: Well what do you want to do?

Y/N: I can stay here, it's still only 20 minutes from the track. I'll just have to catch up with you tomorrow.

I was disappointed I wouldn't be seeing Lando. We were best friends, so I obviously wanted to see him for that reason, but also part of me hoped maybe something would spark between the two of us. Especially if we were together in his hotel room or something.

Lando: Alright. Maybe tomorrow you can stop by after we are done at the track. We can have dinner together. I'll invite Charles since I know you have a crush on him.

Y/N: Oh yes please put in a good word with Lord Perceval for me!

I said putting on a fake french accent.

Lando: Bye Y/N.

Y/N: Bye Lando.

I had a big grin on my face as I hung up the phone." Who's got you smiling like that?" Said a familiar voice. My smile faded. "None of your business."I shoved my phone in my pocket and began walking towards the receptionist, so I could get my key and get away from Liam. "I didn't know you'd be at this hotel. Normally everyone stays at the Paradis." Liam said. "Yeah... I figured that out." I said, approaching the woman at the front desk. "Hi. How are you?" She asked. "Good thanks. I'm checking in. Should be under Tsunoda." I told her. "What'd you pack in here? Your whole wardrobe?" I look back and see Liam picking up my suitcase. "Put that down you idiot!" I say swatting at his arm. "What? Do you not want to see me flex my muscles?" He curled his arms next to him, flexing even more now. I looked back to the receptionist waiting for her to find my room. "Look away Y/N we all know you'd fall in love." He says, fanning his face. "You couldn't pay me enough to fall in love with you." I countered. "Hmmm. It looks like you aren't here. Can I look under any other name?" The receptionist said. I felt myself start to worry a little. "What? Ok, is there anything for Sky Sports in there?" I asked. "Let me look."I felt my face getting flushed as I became painfully aware that Liam was witnessing my huge screw up."Did you forget to book the hotel?" Liam asked, laughter biting at his lips. "No!"I shot back at him. "I am sorry, but it looks like there is nothing here." The receptionist said with an apologetic look on her face. "Do you have any more rooms available?" I asked, hoping for a hail mary. "I'm sorry, but as the Grand Prix is this weekend we are completely booked." "Shit." I said under my breath. I had no clue what I was going to do, "Sorry about this. Thanks for your help." I turned around to see Liam still standing there."Please get the pointing and laughing over with so we can both move on." I told him. "I was going to ask if you wanted to make a bet." "A bet?" I asked, royally confused. "Well you said no one could pay you enough money to fall in love with me, but I'm willing to bet my room here that I can get you under my spell in just one night." He said. "What are you on about?" I asked. "If you don't sleep with me by the end of the night I'll give you my hotel room." I couldn't describe what I was feeling. Why the fuck would Liam Lawson want to make this kind of bet with me? "What's the catch? Because it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot in it for you." I asked, trying to get some sort of clue as to what was going on here. "That's the catch. If you lose you don't get to know what I get from you until I ask." He said.I thought about it. There was no way in hell I was sleeping with not only my brother's best friend, but also my number one enemy. Despite the weird offer, I still needed a place to stay so I stuck out my hand. "You're on."