Chapter 3

"Do you think I could put my bags in your room while we wait for you to lose this bet?" I asked Liam as we stood in the lobby. "Already inviting yourself to my room? This is going to be easier than I thought." He said, teasing me. "God, you make it so difficult to like you. You know that?" I began my walk to the elevator. Liam followed close behind trying to push the button but I was faster. I gave him the finger quickly and stuck out my tongue. "As if you don't." He said. We both got in the elevator and waited in silence until it reached his floor. "Ladies first." He said gesturing with his hands. I walked out of the elevator, but Liam stayed in. "What are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Stalling..." He said slowly. "Why would you do that?" I asked. "Because..." He said slowly again. The doors started to close. "I'm on the next floor up! Room 28 see you up there. Bye!" He said. "Liam, wait!" I said reaching for the door, but I was too late. They shut and he was already on his way upstairs. "What an idiot." I said as I waited for the next elevator. I made it to his room about 15 minutes later. Before Liam left he must have pressed every button on the elevator, so I made a stop on every floor and then finally his. I knocked on the door a few times and began to speak. "Liam open the-" The door swung open before I could finish my sentence. On the other side of the door stood Liam who had managed to get candles and roses in his room and also put on a loose button up shirt instead of the Red Bull polo he was wearing earlier. "Come in M'Lady." He took my hand and kissed it and I pretended to gag. "Is this why you pressed all the buttons you asshole?" I asked, annoyed. "Maybe." He said with a shrug. He brought my bags into my room and I stared at him just confused about this whole situation. He flopped onto his bed so he was laying on one side with his head resting in his hand. "Do you not like what you see?" He gestured to himself with his free hand."No. I very much do not." I started to find a spot for my bags and Liam came over to help me. "Here I can move them" His hand reached for the handles. "Liam, I can take care of this. I'm not that little girl you can boss around anymore" Liam's hand grazed mine as he grabbed the suitcase. "Don't think I haven't noticed." His eyes trailed over my body as he spoke. Something about the way he looked at me felt different. I felt my face blush and I let him move the suitcase hoping he would turn around long enough for me to cool down. "What the hell was that?" I thought to myself. "I'm going to go downstairs. I'll see you later to get the room key." I said, making my way to the door. "Not so fast. I'm coming with you."