Chapter 8

So, that brings us to where we are now. Me in the paddock heading back to the hotel dreading the fact that I was going to have to spend more time with Liam. I was walking out of the paddock when I heard someone call my name.

Danny: Y/N wait up!

I turned around shocked that the Aussie remembered my name let alone was talking to me.

Y/N: Danny! What's happening?

Danny: I remembered that I never gave you that playlist you wanted.

Y/N: Oh my God! Yes!

I laughed a little and tucked my hair behind my ear. I felt like a little girl staring at her crush. Daniel Ricciardo was one of my favorite F1 drivers, so it felt like I was being talked to by my childhood hero.

Danny: Put your number in and I'll send it to you.

I took the phone from his hands concentrating on not shaking. Just because I spent time around these guys all day everyday didn't mean that this didn't freak me out. What was the Daniel Ricciardo doing talking to me?

Y/N: There!

I say giving him his phone and a smile.

Danny: Perfect! Are you all done for the day?

Y/N: Yeah I was just about to head back to my hotel.

Danny: Are you hungry? I know some good places around here.

Y/N: You want to go get something to eat with me?

Danny: Only if you want to.

Y/N: Oh I definitely do!

That came out a lot more desperate than I intended, but a smile spread across his face which absolved some of my worries.

Danny: Alright. Did you drive?

Y/N: No I ubered.

Danny: Ok perfect let's take my car.

Danny and I walked over to where his car was parked and he opened the door for me.

Y/N: What a gentleman.

I joked with him.

Danny and I drove to the restaurant he picked and got to know each other a bit more in the car.

Danny: So, you got to ask me a bunch of questions earlier. Can I ask you some now?

Y/N: Oh I don't know this isn't normally how I do things.

I said laughing and he gave me puppy dog eyes.

Y/N: If you look at me like that I can't say no.

Danny: So, let's start off easy. Who's your favorite musician?

Y/N: Oh easy Maxx Power and Carte Blanq.

Danny: Who?

Y/N: You have got to be kidding me. You haven't heard of the masterpiece that is 33 Max Verstappen? Or even the legendary Daniel Ricciardo?

Danny: I'm afraid to say I haven't.

Y/N: I must play it for you.

I played him the songs singing along and him looking and laughing at me for knowing all the words.

Y/N: Is this real sweat? It's real sweat. I'm a high performance athlete. Athletes seat.

Danny: Ki ki ki.

Y/N and Danny: Raa. Sweat sweat. Toot toot.

We both started laughing.

Danny: Ok now I see why you like these guys!