Chapter 15

I wanted to talk to Lando and as frustrated as I was with him I didn't want to do bad during quali. So, when I got to the paddock I stayed in the media pen. I was trying to keep busy during the quali session which was easy as Martin always had something for me to do.

Finally quali was over and I rushed to the McLaren garage.

Lando: What are you doing here?

Y/N: Can I talk to you?

Lando: Yeah of course. Is everything alright? Did everything go ok with Danny?

Y/N: No as a matter of fact it did not.

Lando: What happened?

I grabbed his hand.

Y/N: Lando what the hell did you do?

I pointed to the bruises and he pulled his hand back holding it. He sighed looking at the ground.

Lando: Can we talk somewhere more private?

I looked around and noticed the amount of people who had begun to turn their heads toward us. I didn't want to get Lando in trouble so I agreed and we set off for his room. I sat down on his bed and he stood in front of me.

Lando: Look when I got those texts from you I felt something was off. I went to Danny's room and I had no intention of hurting him I swear.

Y/N: Then why did you?

Lando: I-

He took a breath and paused. It looked like he was cringing at the memory of what happened.

Lando: When I got in Danny's room I asked him what he was doing and he said nothing. He invited me to join him for a drink. He then started to talk about this girl who he wanted to sleep with. He told me that she was being all flirty with him and that he would have had her if she hadn't changed her mind and become such a prude.

He pinched the bridge of his nose.

Lando: I just couldn't hear him talk about you like that Y/N it was horrible.

Y/N: Why didn't you just tell me that today?

Lando: I didn't want you to be mad at me.

Y/N: I'm more mad that you didn't say anything.

Lando: It just felt like there was never a good time. And you've been with Liam this whole weekend and... I don't know.

I felt jolted by the sound of Liams name.

Y/N: Is that what this has been about this whole time?

Lando: What are you talking about?

Y/N: Is this about Liam?

Lando: What? No!

Y/N: Are you sure? Because everytime I bring him up you always get weird and today you were even looking at him with this weird face.

Lando: I was not!

Y/N: Yes you were! It looked like this.

I tried my best to imitate the look Lando gave Liam, which made both myself and Lando laugh a little.

Lando: What did Daniel say at the hospital?

Y/N: He told me he wanted me to write an exposé on you. Explaining how this was all your fault.

Lando: Why would he not just say it himself?

Y/N: He said he wanted to give a chance to "make the right choice". . .

Lando: What is that supposed to mean?

Y/N: I don't know.

Lando: Well what are you going to do?

Y/N: You didn't think I was going to go in there and not record the conversation?

Lando: You're a genius Y/N!

Y/N: Yeah so I'm going to write a very lovely article on what happened and if anyone doesn't choose to believe me because I'm a woman like Daniel said, well we have a lovely recording of Daniel admitting he-

I stop myself. It was hard for me to say the words.

Y/N: Saying that he touched me.

Lando: Oh Y/N.

He pulled me into a hug, my head pressing against his chest.

Y/N: I'm sorry for being mad at you.

Lando: Are you kidding? I'm the one who should be sorry. I should have just waited for you to tell me what happened before taking matters into my own hands.

Y/N: Yeah... I'm thankful you did it though. I just hate thinking that you think of me like some little girl who can't take care of myself.

Lando: And I don't think that at all. I promise from now on I'll let you take care of things. I just wanted to be there for you.

Y/N: Thank you.

He pulls me into another hug.

Y/N: Oh God. You need a shower!

Lando: What you don't like is the smell of raw performance.

He said, raising his arm and putting it in my face.

Y/N: You're so gross!

I said, pushing him away.

Lando: Yeah, but you love me anyway.

He smiled at me in a way that felt so familiar, yet so foreign.

Y/N: Yeah, unfortunately.

And despite my best efforts not to.