Chapter 6

Y/N: Liam, wait!

I called to him as I ran back in the hotel. "What am I doing?" I thought to myself. There was something in his voice that made me want to hear him out.

I caught up to him walking back to the elevator. I placed myself in front of him and the elevator so he couldn't walk away.

Y/N: Why- why are you doing all of this? I know you don't like me so why do you care so much?

Liam: You don't know as much as you think.

His hand reached towards mine. I gasped as it brushed my hand and pressed the elevator button behind me. His eyes took their time meeting mine as he stood back straight. His body is dangerously close to mine.

Y/N: My eyes are up here blondy.

Liam: Who said I wanted to look at your eyes.

A blush rose on my cheeks as I felt him stare at my lips.

Y/N: Liam

I breathed out his name.

Liam: What happened to blondy?

Our faces were just inches apart. My eyes flicked to his mouth where he licked his lips, then back to his eyes. He leaned in closer to me and I felt my eyes close.

Ding

The elevator brought me back to my senses and my body jerked away from him.

Y/N: What am I doing?

I walked away from the elevator as Liam got in.

Liam: Where are you going?

Y/N: I need some fresh air.

Liam: I'll come with you.

He began to get out of the elevator.

Y/N: No!

My voice startled him and he stayed where he was.

Y/N: Please just listen to me for once and stay where you are.

He took a step back in the elevator and pressed the button. I watched the door close and felt a weird feeling in my stomach as the numbers rose almost as if I wanted him to leave.

Y/N: Pull yourself together.

I whispered to myself as I walked out into the cool busy street. It was windy in Zandvoort, but I liked it. I lived in London and this reminded me of home. As I stood outside I felt my stomach grumble and realized I still hadn't eaten. I looked around and decided to start walking in hopes I'd find some place that spoke english. I walked for about 10 minutes when I spotted a little deli that had some things I recognized.

I ordered and walked around the city some more. Zandvoort wasn't really one of those places you go to unless you know motorsports, so everything here was decked out for the Grand Prix. I sat down on a bench and looked at my phone realizing I should probably call Lando back.

Before I did I got a text.

Asshat: I know the bet probably still isn't on and you don't want to look at me but if you still need a place to stay you're welcome to crash with me.

Y/N: What is he trying to do?

I called Lando and he picked up on the first ring.

Lando: Hey is everything alright?

Y/N: Yeah it something was up with my room, but I got it sorted out.

Lando: Oh what happened?

Y/N: For some reason it looked like they didn't book my room.

Lando: What?!

Y/N: Yeah, but it's ok Liam offered me to stay with him.

Lando: Liam? As in Lawson? I thought you hated him.

Y/N: No I do, but he's being really nice and it's weird.

Lando: Yeah that is weird...

There was a weird undertone to those words I couldn't quite figure out.

Y/N: Yeah. Well I better get back. Big day tomorrow!

Lando: Yeah I'll see you there.

He sounded almost disappointed. I shook the feeling away and said goodnight. I already had one boy to worry about tonight. I didn't need two.