Chapter 29 (Last part)

"Can I talk to you?" Lando asks. I look back at Liam who urges me to talk to him. I felt a warmth in my chest knowing that he trusted me. "Yeah. Let's talk out here." I said, ushering us into the hallway. "Look Y/N I just wanted to apologize for what happened between you and me earlier." "No, I'm sorry for continuing. I knew you were drunk and I took advantage." I said earnestly. "You stopped though. And I should have been more clear with you how I felt. It wasn't fair to never tell you how I felt then one day think you would love me back after a drunk confession." His words took me back. "So- Do you love me?" I asked. "Well... Yeah." His voice was quiet. "Oh. Lando I-." I cut myself off not knowing how to proceed. "I love you Lando. I really do, but we are meant to only be friends. I know you will find the right girl for you, but that can't be me." His face dropped as I continued speaking. "Why not?" He said almost begging. "Because I would never be able to give you what you want." "How do you know that?" He asked. "Because I know you, Lando. You're my best friend and I know you better than anyone else and I know I'm not the right one for you." He knew my words were true. And I knew that he didn't really love me. He felt threatened at the thought of losing me to Liam and did the only thing he thought he should do. "I still love you though." I said, pushing his shoulder. "You muppet", I added, which garnered a small laugh from him. "I understand. Can you tell me though, are you and Liam like- together?" He said putting his index finger inside of a circle made with his other hand. "Lando! Stop it!" I said, pushing his hands down and laughing. "And... yes we are" I said smiling. "What a turn of events!" He said, smiling, happy for me. "I can't believe it either." I said. "Well I'll let the two of you continue." He said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Thanks so much Lanod. You're really too kind." He laughed and told me to call him when I got home, which I promised to do.

I entered the room to see Liam had finished packing the bags. "Is everything good between you too?" He asked. "It never isn't" I said smiling realizing everything was suddenly falling into place. "I grabbed my luggage from Liam and we headed out of the hotel and down to the lobby. We were about to leave when I suddenly heard someone say my name. "Oh Miss.Tsunoda!" I turned my head at the sounds of the receptionist calling for me. "I just wanted to extend an apology on behalf of the Paradise Hotel. It looks like we had a room reserved for you, but it was in a different location on the computer. This has never happened before, but I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will compensate you for any other accommodations you may have made during your time in Zandvoort." My eyes grew wide at her words thinking about what would have happened had this mistake never been made. I looked at Liam smiling, being more grateful for this accident than I could've ever imagined. "That's not necessary." I said looking back at the receptionist. "Everything happens for a reason." I gave her a smile and took Liam's hand in mine. We couldn't help but laugh as we walked out of the hotel. "I swear I had nothing to do with this," Liam said in between his giggles. "Oh sureeee you didn't." I said smiling up at him. His blue eyes provide a comfort I never knew before. "You want to kiss me don't you?" I feel a smile creep on my lips hearing his question. "You think everyone is in love with you, don't you blondy?" I say. "Not everyone." He says leaning down. "Just you." After he says that our lips meet and my world melts away. He was right. I do love him and it was crazy to think just 3 days ago I hated him.

The end :)

*Author's Note*--I hope you all enjoyed this fanfic! I really enjoyed writing and plan on writing more. I want to stick to writing about f1 (or f2) drivers, so if anyone has any suggestions/ requests let me know!