A New Safe Space

MARK POV

We decided to look into a new house while we waited for the court dates to get set up along with finding the right lawyer.

"Okay so, they have an appointment for a walk-through as soon as today, at 3 so that gives us an hour to get ready and an hour to get there, it's not too far from us but you know how the LA traffic can be." said y/n.

"Awesome, sounds good we can check it out. Remember we also have the appointment with the lawyer today to get everything situated and in order for the court date next month." I said a bit worried about having to see Amy again after the issues that we had a month ago.

"It's going to be okay, she won't be able to do anything to us, there will be police there and they won't let her get near us." 

"I know, I just worry they won't sentence her and we will be right back in the shit storms she causes," I replied trying not to pace.

"Babe remember we are looking for a new house, she won't know where we live, everything is going to be okay, we will figure it out. Yes, I am going to miss this place but we have to ensure she can't find us again. Let's go take a shower so you can relax a bit." Said y/n pulling me into a hug.

We took a shower and I felt a bit better after we got out thankfully. 

"Thank you, baby, I feel much better now," I said pulling y/n into a hug after we were both dressed.

Her hair smelled like the strawberry shampoo and conditioner she had used. I breathed deeply relaxing myself a bit more as I kissed her forehead.

"Are you ready to go look at a potential new house? I know the last few didn't quite fit our ideal." She said looking up at me with her gorgeous eyes.

"Yes, baby," I responded.

We got to the house with 15 minutes to spare before our scheduled time for the self-guided tour.

The outside of the house was quite beautiful with lush green grass and on one side was the driveway and through the middle of the grass was a walkway to the front door, the area around the front door was made from stones and the rest of the facia was a light brown color. There were a few large shady trees in the front yard providing perfect shade. When you walked through the front door you were greeted by a warm interior that seemed to beg you to walk through, the floors made from cherry wood were much warmer than we expected at first. As we continued we ended up in a large open area that held a large table capable of seating 12 or so people and above the table was a large crystalline chandelier that looked like it had been polished for years leading to a pristine shine. Just past that was a staircase. Opposite the table was a nook-like area that held a lounge chair and a bookshelf. Beyond that area was the kitchen and dining area, the kitchen was spacious and had an island that matched the rest of the kitchen tops in that it was a smoky granite and the appliances were all black. The walls were a light grey. Above the island were small chandeliers that were reminiscent of flowers handing upside down made from bronze. Across from the dining area and kitchen was the living room which held a fireplace and a large view of the ocean. 

Upstairs was the master bedroom and 4 other rooms not including the bathroom or laundry room. The first room was the master bedroom, the walls were a light blue with darker trim all around on the floorboards. the bathroom seemed to have a beach theme with tan and blue splitting each wall vertically with the tan on the bottom. The decor was beach-themed with shells of all kinds placed throughout the bathroom. Connected to the bathroom was the walk-in closet. The next room in the hall was small and was set up as a nursery. Beyond that was the bathroom and across the way was the laundry room. at the end of the hall were the last two rooms, one was themed after a forest and the other was desert-themed both were the same size. The backyard was right off of the dining room. The pool and hot tub were off to the right side of the yard the pool went to the depth of 8 feet at its deepest and the hot tub was only 3 feet throughout. Surrounding the pool and hot tub was more grass and a garden that held many different kinds of fruits and vegetables. The entire house seemed perfect for them. 

"I think it's perfect, there's a lot of space for Prometheus to run around and play and space for us to have time to ourselves," I said placing my hand in y/n's.

"I agree I can't believe we found one so perfect! Thank goodness we found this one when we did! A week longer and I bet it would have been gone!" exclaimed y/n with a huge smile.

I took out my phone and messaged the seller.

+ Good afternoon, it's Mark Fischbach, we just toured the house we talked about and we are very interested in purchasing it!

~Awesome, as you know the price is set to 3.5M. This is a highly sought-after home type and since it was built only 6 years ago the property will go fast. The sooner you are able to make a payment the more likely it is that the house will be yours rather than another buyer swooping in and grabbing this offer.

+We can make a cash payment today, if we could be moved in and settled within the month that would be ideal.

~That would be no problem considering you would be using cash! We could close on this in only a week or two and since it is only the beginning of the month we could possibly have you in by the 19th.

+ That sounds wonderful, is the office nearby where we could stop by and make that payment?

We closed on the house within a week of making the payment.