Life

Three weeks later

(Y/N) POV

I woke up to a soft light shining through the curtains. The sun was coming through in such a way that it looked like something from a movie. The scene was so perfect I didn't even feel like moving for if I moved I may not be able to see this perfection again. Despite thinking how rare this is and that I may never see this again I decided I needed to get up and eat something.

I moved slightly to be on my right side facing Mark who still hadn't woken up yet. As if the day wasn't beautiful already I also got to wake up to the man of my dreams. I realized how lucky I was for the millionth time. I mean yeah I still have depression and anxiety but even through all of that Mark hasn't left my side at all and I have to be happy about that at this point I am exactly where I want to be in life. I have a loving husband, a nice home, a baby on the way, and a great support system, everything seems perfect.

I watched Mark's chest rise and fall. He looked so peaceful sleeping. I sat there for a few minutes just watching him sleep and thinking about how happy I am right now. I then decided to go to the kitchen and make breakfast.

I walked to the kitchen. When I got there the first thing I did was open the fridge to look for the eggs and bacon. I closed the fridge behind me and brought them to the counter. I opened the eggs and broke four of them into a bowl, I then went back to the fridge to grab the milk to put in the eggs to make them fluffier. I brought it back to the eggs and poured some into the bowl. I then whisked it all together and set it aside for when I was ready for it. Next, I went over to the cupboard and grabbed a pan so I could cook everything. I wanted everything to be perfect. Just like him.

As soon as I had finished making breakfast I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"Mmm, that smells good baby." I heard Mark say groggily.

I turned around to kiss him.

I brought the plates to the table and set them down in our spots.

Sitting down mark decided to speak up.

"Thank you, babe, you didn't have to do this."

"I know but I wanted to," I replied with a smile. I then kissed his forehead.

"You're amazing I love you and could ask for a better wife." Replied mark with a sweet smile.

"I love you too mark," I replied returning his smile.

"Mmmm this is delicious baby," Said Mark with a smile. Everything was perfect.

"Thank you babe" I replied with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~skip 9 months~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Owww fuck that hurts," I said very loudly, enough to wake Mark up.

"Hmm?" Mark said groggily. "What's wrong baby?" Mark asked panic in his voice.

"I-I'm not sure," I said sitting up.

As I swung my legs over the bed I could hear Mark sitting up as well.

Once I was standing I heard it.

"My water just broke!" I shouted at Mark.

"Oh shit okay hang on I'm gonna grab everything we need and throw it in a bag so we can go to the hospital," Mark said rushing out the door

I walked over to our dresser and grabbed a change of underwear and pants.

As soon as I had put them on Mark was back and ready to go.

"I got your shoes so let's get you to the car."

"Alright," I said taking my flats from him.

I tossed them to the floor and slipped them on.

Once we got into the car I had another spike of pain.

"We will be there shortly baby it's gonna be okay."

5 minutes later I had another spike.

3 minutes later we were at the hospital.

Mark had barely turned off the car and was already running into the emergency room to grab help.

The check-in was all a blur. People rushed around I was placed In a wheelchair then I was in a room surrounded by nurses putting wires on me and watching my vitals.

"Okay you are 3 centimeters dilated you should be 10 in 8 to 12 hours. We called your doctor and she is on her way down right now.

"Thank you," Mark said.

"No problem, we are gonna take care of both of them," the nurse said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~10 hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marks pov. 

The room was filled with the sound of y/n shouting out in pain, the doctor telling her to push, and the vital machine beeping.  I couldn't believe it, it was finally going to happen, our baby was coming into the world and I was watching it happen in slow motion, there were so many emotions, happy, hopeful, worried, and excited.

And just like that, I heard the best sound I had ever heard, the cry of our child. I felt my knees beginning to buckle, thankfully right as I was falling a nurse had placed a chair in position for my fall. 

"Oh my god!" exclaimed y/n her voice filled with happiness.

I couldn't say anything I just sat there with my hand over my mouth holding back sobs.

"Congratulations it's a healthy baby boy." said the doctor holding up the cutest baby I have ever seen.

Yes, I know biased of me but I don't care that's my baby right there. He's y/n and me mixed, and I knew when I heard that cry that I was going to do everything in my power to protect him. I've killed before to protect the woman I love and id go even further for my baby boy.

"Have you picked out a name yet?" Asked another nurse who had been standing next to y/n making sure she was okay.

"Prometheus." was all y/n said in response still exhausted from pushing.

"Like the god of fire?" inquired the nurse.

"Exactly if he ends up like his daddy he will definitely be a ball of fire." 

"Would you like to hold him?" asked the doctor walking over to y/n with Prometheus in her arms.

He looked so sweet wrapped snuggly in that baby blue blanket and hat. 

Y/n couldn't speak so she just nodded.

When she looked at me I could see the tears in her eyes, this was the happiest even I'd seen her, knowing her she would say she never thought the day would come; hell I didn't even know if it was going to happen for a while in my past.

"Mark, he's perfect." y/n said though now streaming tears. 

I stood up and came closer he was even more perfect up close. I reached my hand out and grazed his cheek with the back of my fingers. Then we were both a sobbing mess of tears.

We had both waited so long for this and now the days were here. We both knew it was going to be hard and even feel impossible some days. But for now, we didn't have to worry about that. For right now all we had to worry about was y/n recovering and taking care of our new bundle of joy.