{Crushed Souls}

Later that night, Class 1-A and Class 1-B are preparing for the test of courage. However, Shota drags Mina, Rikido, Eijiro, Hanta, and Denki away because they must have review lessons with him. Afterwards, Pixie-Bob and Ragdoll explain the test of courage: the game will take place in the forest with both classes having an opportunity to be the scarers and scarees; Class 1-B will the scarers and Class 1-A the scarees. Class 1-B must scare as many students as possible to win while Class 1-A must find cards with their names on it to prove that they went into the forest. Classes will exchange turns after fifteen minutes and the game will begin again with Class 1-A being the scarers and Class 1-B being the scarees. The class that scared more students than the other class will be the winner. The test of courage begins.

After twelve minutes, the fifth pair from Class 1-A which is Ochaco and Tsuyu enter the forest. Inside the forest, Juzo and Itsuka praise Yui for her scaring tactic. Out of nowhere, smoke appears which causes Juzo to faint. Itsuka realizes that the smoke is dangerous and covers her mouth, then she covers Yui with her Quirk, telling Yui to not inhale the smoke as it is poisonous. Suddenly, the poisonous smoke covers the entire forest; the Pussycats and the remainder of Class 1-A see black smoke arising from the forest.

Himiko sneaks up behind Ochaco and Tsuyu.Two villains appear in front of the Pussycats and the remainder of Class 1-A; they attack and knockout Pixie-Bob. The Pussycats prepare to take action while Izuku realizes that Kota is alone and defenseless. Kota is sitting at his secret base, unaware that a villain is behind him.

Shota takes Denki, Mina, Eijiro, Rikido, and Hanta back into the facility for supplementary lessons, intending to teach them how to conduct themselves during a crisis. Inside, the five remedials of Class 1-A see Neito, who is apparently also in need of supplementary lessons. Before the supplementary lessons can begin, Mandalay uses her Telepathy to contact Shota, Vlad King, and the remedials and warns them about the villain invasion. Shota orders Vlad King to protect the remedial students while he heads outside to protect the students. Shota is outside the facility and notes that the situation isn't good. Suddenly, Dabi appears next to Shota and smothers him in flames since he and the other Pro Heroes are not the targets.

Outside the forest, the sword-wielding villain introduces himself as part of the League of Villains' Vanguard Action Squad while the other villain threatens Pixie-Bob's life. Tiger prepares to take action, but the sword-wielding villain tells him to back off as Pixie-Bob's life is decided by Stain's word. Tenya wonders if Stain is responsible for this; the sword-wielding villain recognizes Tenya as the one who brought Stain's terror to an end. The sword-wielding villain decides to reveal his name which is Spinner. Spinner unravels his sword (a sword clustered together by dozens of bladed weapons) and declares that he is the one who will carry on Stain's dream. Tiger criticizes the villains for scarring Pixie-Bob and calls their actions reprehensible, Spinner notes that Heroes don't have the luxury of a happy life and prepares to attack. Mandalay and Tiger prepare to battle Spinner, Mandalay tells Tiger that she has left the safety of the students in Ragdoll's hands. Mandalay tells the Class 1-A students to leave and orders Tenya to take the lead. As Tenya leads his classmates away, Izuku tells Tenya to go on ahead as he informs Mandalay about the villains' objective.

Back in the smoke covered forest, Kendo carries Yui and Juzo with her Quirk, trying to find a safe place. Kendo runs into Tetsutetsu and Ibara who are wearing masks. Tetsutetsu informs Kendo that Momo Yaoyorozu was nearby and made masks for them. He also tells Kendo that Yosetsu is leading some of Class 1-A to the Class 1-B safe zone for aid. Tetsutetsu gives Kendo, Yui and Juzo masks. After Kendo and Yui put their masks on with Yui putting a mask on the unconscious Juzo, Kendo thinks that they should head back to the facility. However, Tetsutetsu refuses to flee and decides to stay and fight, telling Kendo to take care of Ibara. Kendo questions Tetsutetsu's actions, to which Tetsutetsu tells Kendo why he has decided to fight; Tetsutetsu knows that the only way to become a true Hero and save people from evil is to expose themselves to danger which will allow them to grow into true heroes and promises to defeat the villains.