Chapter 389: Wrong Place, Wrong Time

At an undisclosed location

3rd person POV

Haru: 9 PM huh?

Vermouth: That's right. The Black Organization will be bringing their forces to the area I spoke of.

Haru: I see.

Vermouth: Though I think that my colleague was lying right towards their faces. I don't think there is a meeting at all at the Inner Shrine.

Haru: Not that it matters. After all, our job is to wipe out their superiors. Though my question is to you Vermouth. Are you okay with that?

Vermouth: Depends really. I'm only giving you this information because Yamazaki is the one person I respect a lot in that organization.

Haru: What about the rest of your peers?

Vermouth: They're okay. I suppose Bourbon is one of the other members I respect.

Haru: Speaking of Bourbon. Why do you think he lied to them?

Vermouth: Who knows. He's a strange one sometimes. 

Haru: Or do you think he's actually part of the rebels?

Vermouth: I can't confirm that.

Haru: Well, that doesn't matter. If this is a trap set up by the rebels. My group will gladly wipe them all out at the same time once either side has gotten weak. 

Vermouth: I see, you're planning to wipe both of them out. Wait, was that your plan all along?

Haru: I don't like to leave one side alive. They can destroy themselves for all I care. I'm simply going to take advantage once the chaos has set in.

Vermouth: There's more to it than that. You probably anticipated that the rebels would likely strike as well.

Haru: That's right. Predicting a traitor isn't difficult but from what Aoto told me. The organization is no stranger to having traitors in the past and you guys have a decent track record of it. If there is a rebel that's undercover among your ranks, that will be a problem now, would it?

Vermouth: I've had my hunch on several occasions of certain individuals who are undercover.

Haru: Well then, my group should be preparing then. The undercover agents aren't going to matter, they'll just make destroying both sides much quicker.

Vermouth: Do as you wish then. Though, aren't you curious about who's leading the rebels since Rum is in prison??

Haru: Like I said, it doesn't matter who's leading the charge now. The results will be the same. I'll find your head honchos and kill them.

Vermouth: I see. Though what's going to happen to me then?

Haru: Given your help. I'm going to spare you as a favor to Aoto. See, I can be a nice guy sometimes.

Vermouth: I don't believe that but like you said, results matter so whatever happens to us now is going to be based on what you do when you're done with Gin and the rest.

Haru: Who knows? Either you're the last woman standing, or everyone's dead. That's all there is to it.

Haru hangs up on her as a voice from behind was heard. 

Tadashi: You're going to let her live, Daigo-sama?

Haru turns around to speak with his right hand, though he wasn't the only one present. It was both Kasai Kiryuu and Suzuki Ryosuke who were also present.

Kiryuu: I think he wants her dead. After all, if we don't know her intentions. She could secretly pose a threat to us.

Haru: That won't be necessary. She's done her part either way. Plus, Vermouth can't do anything to us given that she already knows who she's up against.