You Can't Run From Your Past...

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***
Ch3: You Can't Run From Your Past...

Why is my stepfather standing in front of me?

What does he want?

Whatever it is he's not getting it.

"I didn't come to fight," my stepfather says "I want to talk to you."

"Leave," I glare at him "I have nothing to talk to you about."

"Sweetheart," he smiles, but I cut him off.

"That's not my name," I say coldly " Stephan I'm not sure what it is you want and I don't care. I want you out of my life. I made that clear."

"You did," he frowns "but I thought that with time you could forgive me."

"Forgive you?" I laugh bitterly "Never. You destroyed everything. I can never forgive you for what you did. I hate you so much and no matter how much time goes by I will always hate you."

"Your father," he answers avoiding my glare "is not the man you-"

"Shut up," I exclaim "you will not come and talk about my father! He was a great man unlike you! You b-"

"What's going on?" Elliot asks throwing my apartment door open.

I feel like turning around and telling him to get back inside. This isn't  any of his business, but he looks genuinely concerned.

"Nothing," I say keeping my cool "this man is leaving."

"Look," Stephan runs his hands through his hair "you can't run from your past. It will catch up to you eventually."

I see Elliot giving me a confused look, and I want to tell him to leave us alone to talk.

What if Stephan says something?

I can't afford Elliot knowing anything.

"I guess well have to see," I say "now either you leave or I will call security and have them kick you out."

"No need," Elliot crosses his arm over his chest "I can kick him out personally."

I would tell Elliot to be quiet, but we don't have security in the building. The best I can do is Jason and he couldn't kill a fly even if he tried.

He's my best option.

"You heard him," I smirk.

Stephan sends Elliot a nasty glare before turning around and leaving. As soon as he's out of sight I feel like throwing up.

I hate him.

"Why was Stephan Ryder here?" Elliot asks.

"I'm not sure," I say truthfully "and I don't care."

"Did he tell you what he wanted?"

"To talk" I say.

"About?"

I'm not sure why I'm answering his questions this is none of his business. If I give him information then later all he will need to do is assemble the puzzle pieces. I can never let that happen.

"None of your business" I answer creating the brick wall I have built around myself and my secrets. I need to protect them.

"I'm going to work," I take a deep breath pushing my thoughts aside.

"I'll come with" he closes the apartment room.

"No" I say opening the door.

"Why not?" he closes the door.