I Need To Tell Him The Truth

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch17: I Need To Tell Him The Truth

Day 86

Everyday that goes by I feel guiltier.

I feel worse.

Elliot loves me and I love him.

Yet I lie to him. Everyday that goes by I lie to him.

I need to tell him the truth. I need to tell him everything.

I'm in the alleyway where me and Sam always talk waiting for him to come. I called him and told him to come right away that it was an emergency.

"Hey," Sam smiles hugging me. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," I embrace him "we just need to talk."

"What's wrong?"

Okay. Just say it Abrelle.

"I want to tell Elliot the truth."

"What?" Sam exclaims "why would you want to do that?"

"I'm tired of lying to him Sam," I say "I'm tired of lying to everyone."

"You can't tell him the truth,"Sam growls "you don't even know if you can trust him."

"I know," I take a deep breath "but it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"No Lydia-"

"It's Abrelle," I whisper frustrated "I'm sick and tired of being called Lydia. I'm sick and tired of not being able to visit my father's grave. I'm sick and tired of lying and hidding all the damn time Sammy....I'm so exhausted of this."

"Think of me Abrelle," Sam says "I'm tired too. I hate having to lie to everyone about where I go too. I hate having to see you in secret. I hate that my career is always in danger because of this. I hate it too and trust me I'm also exhausted of this, but I would never do anything to put you in danger. So I suck it up and keep going because that's all I can do."

"I would never do anything to put you in danger," I answer "but maybe Elliot won't say anything when I tell him the truth. Maybe he'll keep the secret."

"Maybe!" Sam yells "Maybe he won't go running to the cops and turn us in. Maybe he will and we'll spend ten or twenty years in jail, who knows? But I say you don't find out."

"You don't get to make that choice for me," I yell back "this is my secret...Even if he does go to the police and say something we've got everything figured out so that you don't get pushed into the mess, remember? Remember how you told me right after I escaped that if I was caught we'd both go to jail, but I promised never to mention your name...I'll always keep that promise Sammy. "

"I...I don't want to ever see you locked away for something you didn't do Abrelle," Sam whispers, tears in the corner of his eyes "especially not because of some big mouthed asshole who will go squeal everything to the cops as soon as you tell him."