What Are You Doing Here Dad?

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch22: What Are You Doing Here Dad?

Everyone has something that they never think will happen and that causes them to be unprepared for the moment it does which, from experience, I've realized is the worst feeling ever.

It's like being handed a test you didn't study for and the grade you get will determine everything in your life.

There are three test in life that I never studied for.

1. My mother's affair with Stephan Ryder.

2. My father and Luis' death.

3. The moment where I had to tell the truth.

I failed them all.

***
I take a deep breath preparing myself for a nap when the door is thrown open and I see his familar shape in front of me.

"You're Abrelle Louise," he breathes.

"I'm Abrelle Louise," I nod unable to say anything.

He stays quiet, as if he's mentally trying to decide whether he should leave or stay. Elliot looks painfully bad, his brown eyes surrounded by deep dark bags and his hair is messily pushed back from, I assume, constantly running his hands through it. He's wearing a wrinkled black v-neck and some dark blue jean. I can tell he's hungover from the look on his face and it makes me incredibly sad.

"You lied," he finally speaks. "All this time we spent together all you did was lie to me. I looked like an idiot telling everyone your name was Lydia Paige. "

"You came back," I say a small smile on my face.

"I want to know why," he answers bitterly "you lied to me. I want to know why your mom convinced my dad to send me with you. I want to know why Stephan Ryder was at your apartment that day. I want to know everything."

"Okay," I reply and for a moment his face fills with shock, but it quickly goes away. "I'll tell you everything."

"That's all I'm here for," he takes a seat on the chair next to my bed "to hear the truth not that it'll change much."

"It all started the day me and Luis decided we wanted to get married," I talk " without telling anyone. I agreed, but I thought my parents should know that I was going to get married so I wrote each of them a letter explaining that I loved Luis and that we were going to be happy together. The day me and Luis planned to elop I went to drop the letters off at the company. I walked into my dad's office and left the letter on his desk and then I went to my mother's office. When I opened the door I saw Stephan with my mom and I freaked out. My mom was cheating on my dad with his best friend and the guy I considered my uncle.

"I didn't tell anyone what I had seen except Luis. I called him crying telling him that my mother was cheating on my dad and we decided that we were going to still get married. As I was getting ready to leave my house my mother called yelling because she said my dad had a heart attack and passed away in his office. My mother told my entire family that I had killed him because he had read my letter and couldn't handle the idea of his oldest daughter marrying a nobody. I remember crying the entire night and I was so upset I forgot to call Luis. He probably thought I had changed my mind and didn't want to marry him anymore."

"What does this have to do with anything?" Elliot asks an annoyed look on his face.

"Let me finish," I say. "After that me and Luis didn't talk for weeks. I tried calling him to explain, but he never answered. Finally the day of my father's funeral I decided I wanted to see him and tell him what had happened. Sneaking out of my house wasn't easy so I decided just to tell my mom that I was going to go find Luis and that we were going to get married.