You'll Never See It Coming

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch29: You'll Never See It Coming

"Trust is something that you can gain."

"Of course, but only over time. You can't just show up and expect for trust to be granted to you."

"When did you realize you could trust him?"

"The day I realize he was the only person I had left."

"So you only noticed him after everyone else had left?"

"Yes."

" Why?"

"Because I was so focused on everything else that was happening that I couldn't appreciate the people I had around me and when I finally had time he was the only person left for me to appreciate."

"By everything else, do you mean the time you spent in jail?"

"Yes."

" Okay, tell me about your time in jail?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

***

Day 170

"We haven't found out anything," Elliot exclaims placing both his hands over his face.

They've been trying to interview all the people on the list that Nathan gave them before he died, but localizing them has been harder then they thought. So far the only people they've been able to talk to have been Will my chauffer and Maury Luis' sister. They both had no important information to share.

"Its okay," I say " we knew that this wasn't going to be easy."

"Your trial is in ten days," Noah frowns "and we have no evidence that would help you."

"Okay," I take a deep breath "what did William say?"

"Nothing useful," Elliot growls.

"Hey," I exclaim "I'm the one locked away you don't get to be in a crappy mood. I get to be in a crappy mood and I'm not so suck it up and tell me what the hell he said."

Lately I've been the only person that has kept her sanity or at least I try to pretend like I have. Everyday that goes by I get my ass kicked worse and worse by Bull. Last week she bruised the entire right side of my torso by kicking me multiple times for looking at her the wrong way. Yesterday she body slammed me against a wall and left my entire back a dark purple because I accidentally stepped on her shoe.

I know Elliot's been drinking and getting into bar fights. Just last week he showed up with a busted lip and bruised knuckles, but when I asked about it he said it was nothing and refused to talk about it.

Noah has been doing nothing, but working on the case. I can tell from the enormous dark bags under his bright blue ocean eyes and the fact that all he wants to talk about is the case and what to do next to get evidence. I try asking about his day or school, but he also refuses to talk about it and simply continues talking about the case.

"I'm sorry," Elliot smiles nodding "Will said that the day Luis died he was in charge of driving Alisson around. He said that he took her to a bakery on Fidel street and-"

A baker on Fidel street?

Tina's Bakery?

"What was the bakery called?" I ask interrupting Elliot.