Thirty-Eight

With your arms crossed in front of your chest you stood at the door and watched through the small window how your parents' car pulled out of the driveway.

Matti and Elli waved you goodbye, their eyes shimmering with excitement. You managed to put on a thin smile and waved as well.

Something heavy pressed down on your chest as you watched them shrink with every second until darkness swallowed the car. All that was left was the shimmer of the headlights until those were gone too.

A sigh tied your throat. Exhausted, you let your head fall down and rubbed your eyes. The urge to scream and tear everything apart raged in the pit of your stomach.

You wanted to kill someone. Even though that wouldn't have made you any better than a certain other person. Out of curiosity, your eyes jumped over your shoulder to look out the window.

The landscape was dark and calm. A thin veil of fog obscured the horizon. If someone watched from afar they'd see about as much as you did.

That was good, you assured yourself to calm the nerves. If you weren't able to spot Kimmy and her mad mother she wouldn't be able to tell that someone had left the house.

Again, a sigh rolled off your lips. One too many times these days.

While lost in thoughts you didn't notice how someone approached from behind. Softly, Kyle placed his hands on your sides and let his chin rest against the side of your head.

The curly hair of his beard tickled your ear. Chucking, you tried to move away. He took that as an invite to breathe a kiss against the tender (S/C) skin of your neck.

A shiver chased through your body. Exhaling softly, you moved back to press into the solidness of his chest.

"You need to relax.", his voice was rough in your ears, tense but also kind of seductive. "They'll be fine. You'll be fine."

You sighed again.

"You're pretty confident.", you muttered. "It's been one too many times. One shit worse than the last."

"She can't keep this up forever."

"You have no idea how persistent she is."

Gently, he made you turn so that you were forced to meet his gaze. Warm brown mixed with tired (E/C).

He kissed you, gentle, loving. The taste of minty toothpaste was still on his lips. Immediately your eyes fell shut and you let yourself fall into his taste, the scent of his cologne.

His muscles moved under your fingers as he wrapped his arms around your body to pull you even closer. His chest pressed into yours, perfect and solid. As if your bodies had been made for each other.

Like two pieces of the same puzzle.

"C'mon.", persistent, he pulled you backwards to the couch. "Forget everything for a second. Let's watch a movie."

Rolling your eyes, you couldn't help but smirk.

"Movies for first dates?", you asked, tilting your head. "How original."

"It's a classic.", he argued while going through your father's extended dvd and vhs collection.

"Did you ever put more effort than that in? Genuinely curious.", you threw your legs over the headpiece of the couch and let yourself slide onto the soft cushions.

"Not for everyone.", he threw a glance over his shoulder, a smirk dancing around his plump lips. "But I am willing to go the extra mile if you demand me to."

"Oh~! Don't make me feel special."

With a soft chuckle he put on a movie and joined you on the couch. One arm rested on the headpiece he allowed you to rest your head on his chest.

The beating of his heart echoed inside your ears. His skin was soft, muscles firm yet kind of pleasant to lay on. Everything was so nice in this moment.

When had been the last time you had felt this way with a person?

A partner?

"Hm...", lost in thoughts, you closed your eyes to fall into the rhythm of his breathing.

"Sounds thoughtful.", Kyle let his fingers run along the edge of your hair in the back of your neck. "What's on your mind?"

A pleasant shiver made your toes curl. Your body answered to his touch, longed for more. So much more that it would have done injustice to this moment of soft love.

"Besides the bullshit?", you tried to get your mind off the urge to kiss him till the taste of his lips covered your tongue.

He chuckled hoarsely.

"Don't get cocky.", he pretended to watch the movie but it was obvious that something else was on his mind as well.

His fingers roamed down the back of your neck, slipped into the cutout of your shirt to play with the space between your shoulder blades.

A shivering breath squeezed its way through your lips. Your fingers curled, held onto the fabric of his shirt. The warmth of his skin warmed yours.

How would he feel under your fingers with nothing in between?

Just his bare skin on yours. His body against your back. Or his back against your chest. Whatever worked best.

All of a sudden you caught your eyes wandering down to check out his chest. And maybe even a little lower. Kyle was well build but not to an extent that would have made him bulky.

He was fit, slim and athletic.

Your gaze wandered just a little lower, down to the hem of his sweats. A small bulge pressed against the grey fabric. He wasn't hard, just laying down.

Swallowing hard, you tore your attention away from him and tried to watch the movie as well.

"Let's just say I'm not... thinking like a saint right now.", it slipped off your tongue all of a sudden.

The movement of his finger stopped and came to a rest right between your shoulder blades. It was as if two burning hot spikes dug into your flesh, made it rage and prickle.

With bated breath you looked up to meet Kyle's eyes. His eyebrows rose.

The beating of your heart was up in your throat.

And without skipping a beat he bend down to place a heated kiss on your lips.