Forty-One

After many, many years of restless nights and days full of anxiety you were able to sleep through the night. Not a single time did you wake up, worried.

As warm strands of sun kissed your face and your eyes opened a crack wide you could still taste Kyle on your lips. Could still feel him rock hard against you.

Immediately, the picture from the night before returned, how your bodies were entwined, his crotch pressed against yours and your tongue in his mouth.

Sucking in a sharp breath you squeezed your eyes shut in hopes of setting your mind straight before it would come back to bite you.

A sigh rolled off your lips. As you moved, weight pressed down on your arm.

The faint noise of the TV reached your ears. You were still kind of sleepy, your mind heavy and slow. But there was this very persistent feeling that someone else was there. Close to you.

"Good morning...", Kyle's voice was raspy, hoarse from the night before. "Papa bear..."

A smirk tugged at the corner of your lips. With one eye popped open you glanced down into your arms.

He had his head rested on your chest, listening to the beating of your heart. His breath was slow and steady. He enjoyed this moment.

You enjoyed it. More than a lot of things before.

Gently, you started to raise your hand and caress his back, drew circles along his spine and up his neck to play with his black curls.

The warmth of his breath tickled your exposed chest.

"Did you sleep well?", you asked and turned your head to take a deep breath of his shampoo. "Someone needs a shower..."

He chuckled softly and pinched you.

"Dick...", he muttered with a soft smile.

You rolled your eyes and kissed his forehead.

"You love it."

He smiled, kissed your chest. It was such a soft touch that it made you shiver all over. And once more you longed for his body on yours, wanted to feel his pressure against you and feel release.

But then again, you didn't want to push things too far, too quickly. It wouldn't be all fun and games. Going into physical relationships for the first time with no preparation at all could ruin a lot.

And you didn't want to hurt him either. Nor did you want to get hurt by his inexperience. Everything would fall into place at some point in your relationship.

But there was no need to do it now. Or rush it.

All you wanted was enjoy and dwell in the newfound love that Kyle was obviously willing to embrace you with.

A calm moment wrapped its arms around the two of you. All you did was lay there, his weight on you and the sun in your face.

The air was crisp, clean. The world felt calm.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to move here...", you wondered out loud.

Chucking to himself, Kyle raised his head to meet your gaze. His hand rose, gently caressing your cheek, wandered down and played with the small stubbles that started to grow on your chin.

"Did your mom convince you?", he asked and curled a few small hairs between his fingers. "You need a shave..."

With a roll of your eyes you moved away, playfully pushing him off you to lift yourself above him. Now your weight pressed down on his body.

Without any hesitation he opened his legs to let you sink between them. Your crotch brushed against his. A shiver chased down your spine.

A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. His eyebrows lifted. Kyle shifted below you, his legs wrapped around your waist and locked you in, pushed you even further against him.

Your fingers dug into the cushions of the couch.

"Bold, Kyle.", you warned him with a smile. "Very bold."

He winked.

"No need to be prude.", he tilted his head. "We're all guys here."

Somehow that made you laugh. It wasn't just the way he leaned into the teasing but also the way he said things, acted. It made you feel like he truly was trying.

He wanted this. All he needed was a little time to get used to the new things.

"I'm not prude.", you leaned over him, your lips merely the width of a finger away from his. "I care."

All of a sudden a shadow crossed his face. Kyle sucked in a sharp breath, swallowed hard. His eyes moved away from yours.

It felt like he tried to avoid you for a second before he took a deep breath and smiled mildly.

"Thanks.", he said softly.

You could tell that something was off. He seemed lost in thought all of a sudden. Something burdened his mind.

"You good?", you asked and took his face into your hands.

He hesitated.

"I'm not very experienced... with relationships that care.", he admitted with a shrug.

"You've had plenty.", one of your eyebrows lifted sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes.

"That does not mean they've all been my soulmates."

"No. But... you've never been in love before?"

"I was."

"But?"

Again, he hesitated.

"They didn't care about me as much as I wanted them to. I don't know.", with a shrug, he pushed you off him to get up from the couch. "Most times things moved quick. Otherwise things get boring."

With a snort, you followed him into the kitchen. He grabbed a cup from the cupboard, searched the cabinets for coffee and started to brew some.

Silence spread between the two of you and a tinge of discomfort spread in your chest. Unsure what to do, you looked at him.

Swallowing hard, he frowned.

"I don't want pity.", Kyle said.

You couldn't help but snort.

"If there's one thing I don't have to offer it's pity, Kyle. You had tough luck with your relationships. Look at me. Not in the position to judge."

He smirked.

"I just didn't expect this to feel so..."

"Gay?", you grinned.

Annoyed, he rolled his eyes but chuckled to himself.

"You're such a menace...", he breathed.

You chuckled. But then the urge to be serious for a second overcame you.

"I won't get bored of you.", you said. "Take as much time as you need."