Thirty-Five

POV: Scarlett

“Hold on a sec, I wanna get a picture to send to the group.”

“What group,” Riley asked.

“Oh the group chat we created to give updates on you,” I said, as I sent the picture.

“Why am I not in the group?”

“Which one of us spent a month in a coma?”

“Fine, Add me now.”

I added Riley to the group chat before sending the picture with the caption ‘looks who's finally being released’ and hit send. It was nice to know that she was finally coming home.

Since they sprung her release on us, Taylor had been busy making sure they have everything they need in Rhode Island and getting her jet ready for the return flight. They planned to stay with us a few days in Atlanta so she isn't rushed.

“Jared is meeting us at the door with the car. Apparently there are some paps waiting, but hospital security has moved them back,” Taylor said, walking back into the room.

“No worries. As long as security keeps them back, let them take their pictures,” Riley said, smirking.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Riley

As Taylor pushed my wheelchair down the hall I made sure to thank all of the staff that had helped me and my family over the past month. While Scarlett and Taylor had been busy getting everything ready for me to go home, I texted Marcel asking him to make a donation to the hospital, in my name as a thank you for the amazing care.

He responded and said that was not necessary. Scarlett, Taylor, Marvel, the Kelce family, the Mahomes family, RDJ, Evans, Lizzie, and the twins had all made donations to the hospital in my name. He said there was one more, but he would need to talk to me in person about it.

“Good to see you up and around,” Jared said from the exit doors.

“Thanks man, It's good to be heading home.”

“Listen, it's not too crazy. They are not allowed in the premises, but there are photographers lining the road.”

“Let them take their pictures. What are they going to see, Scarlett, Taylor and I leaving the hospital? Big whoop.”

Scarlett and Taylor both laughed and Jared just smirked at me.

“Let's get this show on the road,” I said, tapping my cane on the floor.

As we stepped out of the hospital, Taylor’s security surrounded us and I smiled. It was a short distance to the car and Jared already had the door open. Taylor stopped pushing me and locked the wheels. I handed her my cane, pushing myself out of the chair, towering over her. I reached for my cane and as our hands touched, I pulled her into a soft kiss.

Jared cleared his throat making me laugh as I stepped into the vehicle behind Scarlett and Taylor.

“Just had to give them something, didn't you,” Taylor said, laughing.

“They needed something new and why not give them a little smooch,” I said, laying my hand on her thigh.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Taylor

The drive to the house was quiet. Each of us lost in our own thoughts. I looked down at Riley’s hand on my thigh, intertwining our fingers together. I looked at her side profile and smiled. She was alive and she was coming home.