Twenty-Nine

TW: Kansas City Shooting

POV: Taylor

When I say the last 48 hours have been just this side of a blur, I am not kidding. We are hours from playing the first show of the Australian leg of the tour and my body is protesting. Tree made sure I was properly hydrated and I had a full body massage.

I went on Instagram live when we landed yesterday teasing my fans about the new album and assuring them that Travis, Lauren and I are very close friends. Lots of them are speculating who I am dating, but I simply said, “All will be revealed in time.”

I did get to talk to Riley this morning before she had to be on set. As far as they know, today is it. Once they wrap she will be back in my arms and the world will find out I am in love with Riley Jordan Sloane.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Scott Swift

“Tree, are you seeing this?” I asked, showing her my phone.

“Yes, and I can’t get a hold of anyone. Should we tell her?”

“We better,” Andrea said.

Just as the Chiefs were finishing up on the stage today during their parade shots rang out. There is very little being said. We know multiple have been injured, one confirmed dead.

“All phone lines are tied up. I have tried Travis, Lauren, Brittany, Patrick and Donna. Nobody is answering,” Tree said, coming back into the room.

“What are you guys talking about?” Taylor asked, entering the room.

“Sweetie, I need you to sit down,” I said, taking her hand. “Just as the players were finishing up their speeches at the parade today, shots rang out near the stage. There is very little being said. We know there are injuries, one confirmed dead, and people being taken to hospitals,” I said, watching my daughter.

“Travis? Donna? Lauren?”

“We have been trying to get a hold of someone, but the calls are not getting through right now,” Tree said, her phone ringing. “Oh my god, Donna, you are on speaker, are you guys ok?”

“We are ok. Travis, Lauren, Britt, Patrick, the whole team has made it back to the facility and are all accounted for. I just wanted to let you guys know,” she said, sounding heartbroken.

“Donna, it's Tay, is there anything we can do?”

“Sweetie, right now, I do not know, but I will keep you posted, ok?”

“Give everyone our love, we are so glad you are all ok,” Taylor said, leaning on Andrea.

______________________________________________________________________

POV: Riley

Today is the last day on set. We had a couple of really crazy stunts to finish on the outdoor lot, but it's just me, Heidi, Alex and Jeff. The four of us are considered the best in the business.

The set we are working on is about 4 stories. Not too bad, but we have to be braced for everything.

“That was great guys, but I want to run through it one more time from a different angle before we wrap completely,” the director said. We gave him a thumbs up, resetting to our original places.

“Just think, before you know it, you're gonna be back in her arms,” Heidi said as we climbed the scaffolding.

“I honestly cannot wait,” I said, smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________

BREAK NEWS: Explosion Levels Marvel Set