Chapter Ten

July 2023

POV: Riley

We are currently on the second night in Cincinnati, Ohio, and Taylor is one again KILLING IT! The more comfortable she gets, the better the shows get. I have never seen an artist work a stage the way she does,

She announced in June that we would be extending the tour and adding additional dates in the US and Internationally. I was excited, but I knew the tour and the movie would clash. I had gone to Mandy, Taylor and Tree, explaining that I was contracted to do a Marvel movie, beginning at the end of November through March. I knew my last day on set was supposed to be while they were in Sydney, Australia. Surprisingly, they were all okay with me missing the beginning and said I could rejoin them in Singapore. I let Kevin know the details and he was happy with it.

Tree and Mandy harassed me regularly to find out the details of the movie I am filming. I just laugh and tell them the Marvel snipers, much like the Taylor snipers, are everywhere. They still won't give up. It's kind of funny.

Taylor has been really awkward around me lately, especially after I said I was doing the Marvel movie. I have tried to talk to her, but her walls are back up, much like mine. I just wish I knew what I had done to make her so awkward.

“RILEY JORDAN! What is this I hear about you leaving the tour for a few months?” Mama Swift asked, walking over to me.

I chuckled, “I will be back Mama Swift, I promise. I just have to honor my contract with Marvel. Besides, I will only miss Tokyo and Melbourne. Kevin said I should be done in time to make it to Sydney,” I said, hugging the older woman.

She smiled at me, pinching my cheek, before she walked away. I just grinned, turning back to Mandy.

“Charming all the Swift women, I see,” Mandy said, laughing. “Have you talked to Scarlett lately?”

“Yea, I called her yesterday to update her on the movie and rejoining the tour. She is bringing Rose to the final show in California, so that will be exciting,” I said. I miss Scar and Rose.

“Did you say Scarlett was coming to the final show in California,” Mama Swift asked.

“Yes ma'am. She is bringing my little cousin, Rose, and our friends Lizzie and Cobie are tagging along. Lizzie is a HUGE Swiftie,” I said, laughing.

“That's fantastic! I will add them to the VIP tent list, and they can have all access. I think Blake, Ryan, and the girls are coming too. I know Taylor has a list of when her friends are coming to the shows, just have to check with her,” Mama Swift said, texting Tree.

“Mama Swift, you don't have to do that,” I said, quickly.

“Sweetheart, I do. You have been good for my daughter and have made her smile more than I have seen in years, this is the least I can do,” she said, winking at me.

I blushed. I wonder how much Mama Swift knows about mine and Taylor's “friendship”.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Tree

Taylor has been acting a bit strange the past few weeks. I know for a fact her and Riley haven't been doing their normal extracurricular activities. As a matter of fact, Riley has spent more time in her suite than she has in Taylor's.

Part of me wonders if it was Riley's announcement she would miss some dates to shoot for Marvel, but Taylor seemed fine with it.

I have my suspicions that something happened, but I can't be sure. Surely Andrea or Taylor would have mentioned if something was wrong.