Chapter Twenty

POV: Taylor

Unfortunately, our plan had to wait a few weeks since the Chiefs were playing out of town. Riley had officially been in Atlanta for a week and I missed her. I missed waking up in her arms. I missed cuddling with her.

It's game day and we met at Travis house before the game. The whole Sophie thing was a no go. She was actually dating a “few people” and didn't want to be tied down at the moment.

Blake and Emma have even started searching for someone to set him up with. I will be in the box again today with Brittany Mahomes. I really like her, but I hate lying to her. Her and Patrick are very close to Travis, and I feel like I am letting them down too.

I looked at my phone and saw Riley facetiming me. I excused myself, heading up to Travis's office for some privacy,

“Hey baby,” I said, smiling at her. She’s decked out in Chiefs gear, ready to watch the game.

“Hey baby girl, why the long face?”

“I just hate lying to everyone. I am sitting with Brittany again today, and I really enjoy hanging out with her, but I hate lying to her. Her and Patrick are two of Travis's closest friends,” I said, sighing.

“Baby girl, look at me, I love you. I will do whatever you and Travis want to do,” she said smiling.

“You know my fans Riley. I don't want them to go after him, and I don't want to paint him as a bad guy. He is really sweet. He deserves better than me,” I said, a tear slipping down my face.

“Sweetie, my son would do anything in the world for you. He adores you,” I heard Mama Kelce say, walking into the room.

“I just hate lying. I did enough of that with Joe,” I said, quietly,

“Talk to him, let him know how you are feeling, and honestly baby, you guys have really never come out and said you are dating. The media has always painted it that way,” Riley said, smirking.

“Riley is right, sweetie. Neither of you have confirmed you are dating.” Donna said, smiling at Riley.

“But I changed the lyrics to Karma and they have images of us kissing.” Taylor said, sulking.

“A nod to him flying all the way to Buenos Aires to support you, and the images of you kissing are blurry, people just assumed.” Riley said, grinning.

I looked at Donna and Riley. “You know, you guys are right. Ok, I will talk to him tonight. I think Patrick and Brittany are coming over after the game, so we will see how things go.” I said, feeling a little better.

Donna hugged me, smiling at me. “I actually came to get you, the cars are here. Riley, I want to meet you soon, sweetie.” she said, smiling at Riley.

“I promise, soon Mama K,” she said, grinning. “Take care of our girl for me.”

“You know I will,” she said, winking.

“I love you, baby,” I said, blowing her a kiss,

“I love you, baby girl,” blowing me a kiss back.

Donna hugged me tight, gave me a once over and we headed down to the cars, making our way to the stadium.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Riley

I have been here a week and I've finally settled into my house in Atlanta, thanks once again to my cousin. I don't know who owns more real estate, her or Taylor. Honestly, I think they are running neck in neck.