Chapter Thirteen

October 2023

POV: Riley

Tree contacted all of us last week about the premiere of The Eras Tour Movie. They wanted all of us at the premiere in California. I told her I would be there to support Taylor and the tour.

We knew Talylor was wearing a beautiful baby blue dress and we were expected to pose with her on the red carpet. I decided on a black silk suit with a baby blue shirt and baby blue pocket square. A nod to the musician herself.

The carpet was INSANE! These Swifties are something else, as we pose for pictures and chat with the fans.

“Riley?” I heard a male voice behind me, turning to see who it could be.

“JACK?!?”

“Oh my god, what are you doing here,” Jack asked, hugging me.

“Dude, I helped Mandy choreograph the show and I am the one that got Taylor in shape for the show. I also danced the last 8 shows because one of our guys pulled a groin muscle. What are you doing here?”

“I am one of Taylor's producers,” he said laughing.

“That's right! I remember hearing Taylor say she worked with you,” I said laughing.

“How are Scarlett and Colin?”

“They are doing good. Scarlett is busy as usual, and Colin is writing new stuff since they are on strike, trying to keep his mind busy. I heard you got married, congratulations on the nuptials,” I said, clapping him on the back.

“Thanks, Riles. God, it's good to see you,” Jack said, hugging me again. “I better get back, hit me up when you're in New York, I would love to have dinner,” he said, walking away.

I smiled watching him walk away. I should hate the guy, he broke my cousin's heart, but that was a long time ago, and they were just kids. I am oddly proud of him, he has really made a name for himself in the industry.

“There you are,” Tree said, walking over to me. “We are about to do the group pictures, and we need you,” she said, dragging me along behind her.

As I came close to the group, her blue eyes focused on me, literally looking me up and down. I grinned at her, as we got closer.

“Found her,” Tree said, slightly rushed.

“Sorry, I was catching up with Jack,” I said, slipping in beside Mandy.

I couldn't help but feel her eyes on me from time to time. I just smiled and kept to myself, making my way quietly inside.

____________________________________________________________________________

POV: Taylor

I am so excited for this premiere. Doing the show and actually seeing your hard work on the screen is very different, and I am so excited to see it.

The energy of The Grove is insane. So many of my fans have come out for this premiere and I am excited to surprise them when the show starts. I am slightly happy Travis couldn't come. I still havent talked to him about what happened with Riley.

God, Riley. She still wont answer my texts. I had to get Tree to make sure she would attend the premiere, and she does not disappoint. That suit fits her like a glove, and the baby blue, a nice touch and nod to me.

When we are taking pictures, I can feel her near me, and for some reason, it calms me. Just knowing she is close makes me feel better. We finish the pictures and make our way into the theater

“Bey!!! You came,” I said, squealing when I saw her. She had messaged Tree, asking if she could attend the premiere, and I was thrilled to have her support. Her tour kicks off around the time we end the first leg of our tour, and I am excited to see her shows. People try to paint us as enemies, but we both have a huge mutual respect for the other.