Thirty-Two

POV: Taylor

“FIANCE?!?” everyone said in unison.

I nervously played with the chain around my neck, “I promise I will explain, but please take me to my baby,” I said quietly.

Scarlett wrapped me in a hug. Next to Riley she gives the best hugs and I melted into her.

“Come on,” she said softly, taking my hand and leading me down the hall. We paused just outside the door and I could see Riley laying in the bed. It looked like she was sleeping.

“They took her off the respirator earlier and she is breathing on her own. She is also responding to touch now. She even wiggled her toes for the doctor.”

I could feel the tears streaming down my face as Scarlett pushed me into the room. I walked closer to her, watching her chest rise and fall.

“You can touch her, you wont hurt her, Tay. Everything except her leg has healed,” Scarlett said softly.

I looked back at Scarlett and she nodded her head. I took my shoes off, walking slowly to her, I touched her hand and I shivered. I slowly climbed onto the bed,  straddling her hips,  I leaned forward and kissed her lips gently and caressed her cheeks, smiling.

“Oh my love, I am here,” I whispered, laying my head on her chest. I heard her heartbeat and it made me smile. For the first time since we heard about the accident I was at peace.  

“I love you baby,” I whispered before my eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________

POV: Scarlett

I stood outside with Mom watching Taylor with Riley and smiled.

“She finally found her soulmate,” Mom said, wrapping her arm around my waist.

“She did,” I said gently, smiling.

“Come on, let's give her some time with Riley.”

We made our way back to the waiting room and I stopped dead in my tracks. “Um, wow.”

“Sorry, the dancers and Mandy decided to follow us here,” Tree said, looking apologetic.

“No, God, no, Tree, it's fine” I said, embracing her.

“Hi, Ms, Johansson, I'm Kam, big fan, um how is Riley?”

“Call me Scarlett, Kam, and they removed the respirator this morning. She is breathing on her own and responding to touch. The doctor even got her to wiggle her toes this morning. So, I would say it's only a matter of time before she wakes up.”

“What about her other injuries?” Mandy asked, hugging me.

“Everything has healed nicely. The only big thing right now is her femur. That still has a few weeks. The bone is healing and the doctor said it looks like the plate has set and bone is metting nicely.”

“Can we see her?”

“Taylor is asleep on her right now, so I won't let you go in the room, but you guys can see her,” I say, waving for them to follow me.

“Oh my God,” I gasped, hands covering my mouth.

“Scarlett, what's wrong?” Mom asked, panicking.

“Mom, look,” I said pointing.

____________________________________________________________________________