Chapter 16

Now it was time for lunch, and I was absolutely starving. I'm not sure where Todo had ventured off to, but I didn't think much of it as I began walking out of the arena. Going down the hall where the waiting rooms were.

"What were you saying to my son at the end of the battle?" Endeavors voice hit my ears causing me to stop in my tracks. Hands clenching into fists, a scowl etching onto my face, as I turned to face the number two hero.

"That I won't let you ruin him like you ruined Touya," I seethed glaring into those blue eyes, holding my ground. Knowing he couldn't hurt me, not unless he wanted to upset my mother. Or ruin his reputation as being a hero, but I knew he was only in it for the money and the fame. Not for the actual strive of saving another's life.

My parents were probably one of the very few who had a happy relationship, even if it was arranged for the sole purpose of having powerful offspring. They were both pushed into it by their parents, but ended up falling for eachother in the end.

Endeavor bought Todoroki's mother from her parents, for her quirk. Wanting to create an offspring powerful enough to take down All Might. He had no love for the woman or their children. Only caring about himself and his image.

"You're the prime reason he rebels in the first place," the man stated offering me just as strong of a glare. I knew he never liked me, not that I was really striving to gain his approval.

"He's made his thoughts about you crystal clear, even without my help. He's not going to become what you want him to be. Hates that part of him, and it's all your fault," I replied before turning on my heel and walking away, getting the last word.

I kept walking until I found Todoroki not long after. He was deep in thought, as always but he perked up when he saw me.

"I told Midoriya about what happened to me. How I got my scar," he says looking like a weight was taken off his shoulders. I'm proud that he felt comfortable enough to finally tell someone about it.

"Let me guess, whilst also declaring that your goal is to beat him and that you think he's All Mights secret love child," I added earning a shove but that only made me giggle. Glad to know he was feeling a bit better.

We both ate lunch quietly before all the remaining competitors went back into the arena. Ready to finish this event, because I felt in dire need for the fattest nap ever.

This next part was one on one fights, the winner advancing into the next bracket. For some reason the rest of the girls in our class were wearing cheer outfits. I wanted to question it but could assume it was the work of Denki and Mineta.

Ojiro came forward and said that he was dropping out due to not being able to remember much of the previous battle due to the guy he teamed up with, having some kind of mind control quirk. This prompted another one on the team to drop out as well, meaning we were down two fighters. So they brought two up from another team, making it even again. Momo, and someone from class 1-B.

I was the last fight for the first round, put against Ochako which would be interesting. Deku was against that mind control guy, Todoroki was against Sero. They were in the same bracket so if they won then they'd get to finally face off.

Once the side games were over, it was officially time for the fights to start. I walked into the stands assigned to our class and was about to watch Izuku's fight. I may be a tad biased but I was definitely rooting for him.

I took the seat next to Bakugo as the first fighters entered the fighting platform. Something didn't really feel right as the time started but nothing was happening. That Shinso guy seemed to be talking but Deku looked completely frozen in place. A dazed look on his face. It was like he was a zombie or something.

A gasp left my lips as I watched him suddenly turn around and slowly begin walking towards the boundary line. If he stepped over it, then he'd be out without even fighting.

"Come on Zuku, snap out of it," I mumbled not even realizing that I was leaning forward and grasping Bakugo's knee, although he didn't say anything against it.

The whole crowd was holding their breath as we all just watched Deku shuffle to his downfall. The suspense was nerve wracking, as I suddenly felt a hand on mine, brushing their thumb along the back of it in soothing motions.

Turning to my left I saw Bakugo staring down at the arena, teeth clenched slightly. To me it looked like he was about to jump down there to join the fighting. However his hand was still creating patterns across the back of mine.

"Come on you idiot, snap out of it. You can't let that damn extra beat you," he mumbled under his breath.

In a twist of events, just as Izuku was about to place his foot out of bounds. His eyes still glazed over, but his fingers moved quickly creating a gust of wind. Snapping him out of Shinso's control, unfortunately he also broke those fingers.

I cheered along with everyone as Shinso tried talking again, saying things that might normally gain a response from Izuku, but he was determined to keep quiet.

Deku rushed forward pushing Shinso back, creeping closer to the boundary line. He was punched in the face but didn't waver, that was until the purple haired guy grabbed the broken fingers and Deku flinched. Swinging away from him and Shinso began pushing him back.

Like in battle training Deku grabbed the other boys arm, and flung him over his shoulder, slamming him into the ground. Like he did to Bakugo. Shinso's foot landed over the line, and just like that Izuku was advancing to the next round.

Even though he didn't fight yet, I knew that Izuku would be fighting Shoto. He would beat Sero, although he would probably put up a good fight.

"You know for someone who wanted him to win, you're awfully offended that he did," I looked at Katsuki, who was gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes.

"What I didn't want him to win!" He growls looking over at me, when he noticed his hand still on top of mine, he moved it.

"I know you'll never admit it Kat, but deep under all that gruff, there's a caring heart there," I smiled placing my hand over his heart, it seemed to accelerate from my touch.

He was about to say something, when the next match was about to start. It was Todoroki's turn to show what he was made of.....