Chapter 18

Lilly

Time passes so slowly when you just wait.
We had been sitting in this hut for two days. I sat and waited, but Duke had a lot more to endure. We were both dirty and sitting on the floor like animals, tied up and treated badly.
The hut we were in had two rooms, one where they all sat and laughed, and another where Duke and I were captured. Bruce was the only one who talked to us, and he didn't just talk, he did worse things.

Bruce had fun beating Duke, humiliating him, and torturing him, which was almost unbearable. Duke's face was covered in blood, some dried, and some, I'm sure, they broke his finger and some ribs. Duke looked really bad. He was in pain, and it only got worse, but he continued to grin at Bruce.
"That's all?" Duke asked as he fell to the ground again.

"You're a dead man, Duke... I'm just playing with you. I don't want to kill you, Ethan will do that," he answered disrespectfully.

Bruce hit him again, causing Duke to faint again, and my eyes closing to not look at his face anymore.
"Oh, honey, are you scared?" Bruce said as he looked at me and kneeled down next to me.
My stare was empty as I watched him, emotionless and cold as Duke wanted me to be.
If my hands and feet weren't tied, I would scratch his eyes out, but as it was, I was helpless.

"Don't break your pretty head because of Duke here," he said as he looked from me to Duke and grinned.

I'm sure Duke has a concussion; that's the least he got from Bruce and his men. I wanted to help him so badly, but couldn't. He moaned on the floor as they pulled him up in a sitting position and slapped his face to wake up.
Watching was my share of the torment that Bruce enjoyed; he wanted me to be scared, to cry and beg for mercy.
He wanted me to be a mess and afraid of him, for the cruelty he used on Duke, and all the shit that will come for the MC.
I heard things from him about the No Limits and was amazed when I learned a lot. Even though I should have been angry that I was in this situation, I wasn't.
When we were alone, Duke explained to me what they do and how many generations it has been done.
I was a stranger even though I was Ivy's sister and had only been dating Elijah for a short time, so I understood that they couldn't tell everything straight away.
Bruce was the one who suggested and ordered the wedding present to Duke; he knew Duke would pick it up before King and Ivy's wedding. They must have followed us and were just waiting to attack him. The fact that I was there is just collateral damage, as Bruce said.

Ivy's sudden decision to stay in Las Flores after meeting King was now much clearer. She will have been astonished, as I was, when she found out all this. The man she fell in love with was not just a biker, he was a savior for many people with all the people from the community. Seeing the two of them happy together and knowing all of this now was simply incredible.

"We rescued your Aunt Jane from a human trafficking ring... and Nora. Josie came along later, she was also indirectly affected... This Ethan Johnson is a huge fish that we've had on our hands for a long time. Storm has his son almost dead beaten when he touched Josie... I take care of the victims, find them new identities and lives... That's why I came to you with Emily back then." I remembered what Duke told me last night when we were alone in the cabin.

I understood everything he said to me, even if it was a lot... I understood it.

"Will they find us?" I asked Duke, who took a deep breath.

"The women wear bracelets with GPS chips. We men have them too. In our watches... pendants or wrestling... they threw mine out of the van," Duke explained.

"So they can't find us," I said shocked.

"They'll find us... we are not alone. The FBI is going to help. Tom is going to help," he answered, even if it didn't sound credible.