Chapter 27

Gears

Epilogue

I watched from my workshop as Lilly held little Aidan in her arms as she sat with Ivy and Alice in front of our house. They laughed and talked happily, and I couldn't hide my grin when I saw her so happy. I definitely wasn't ready to hold the boy, or Alice Kid, but the fact that they were so close was a step forward. It was still painful to hear their cry, but it was not as before.

I was fighting my demons, and Emily helped me. Although I doubted her at the beginning, I had to admit that she took after her father. The trust that I didn't have in her at the beginning was strengthened every day, and she gave me hope that one day I might be able to deal with everything normally. However, none of this would be possible if Lilly wasn't in my life. Although I used to always talk about wanting to be normal, I never had the motivation to push myself to my limits and fight for it. Only since she became a part of my life I'm more than ready to create the best version of myself. For both of us... for a future together.

When I see her like that with the baby, I want that too. I want to see her like this with our child and not run away in panic. There will be a lot of work until then, but I'm willing to do it. After Peter's departure, he really took my words seriously. I watched him build a better relationship with his daughters. Maybe he understood what's important in life. Or my threat gave him motivation. Whatever, she's happy, and that's the most important thing. She stayed with Doc in his clinic, and he was so happy about her decision. The love she had for her job was incredible, and I am sure the two are going to be a great team.

"Are you ready?" I asked her as I stood in front of the house with enough distance from the child. "Yes, excited but ready," she answered me.

"Are you sure I shouldn't go?" she asked Ivy, to which she nodded.

"It's ok...go ahead and put Aidan to sleep. Elijah and Alice will be with me," Lilly replied.

Today was the day she got her Ol Lady tattoo. Josie and Storm were sitting in the tattoo studio and laughing when we came in.

"Are you ready?" asked Storm, to which she nodded anxiously.

Her velvety body is being stung for the first time, and I know that she was scared even though she didn't want to admit it.

"Kitten...you don't have to do this. We have time," I said to her, and she turned to me.

"You're not talking me out of this," she replied, to which I laughed.

"Well...I've already made a few sketches," said Storm as he placed a book in front of us.

Lilly scanned the drawings with her eyes and stopped at one.

"That," she said as she pointed her finger at one. Alice laughed, and Josie's eyes widened when she saw it.
"That's huge," she said, to which Lilly nodded.

"It is... But instead of Gears you write Masters Kitten," she said, to which Storm and Josie looked from Lilly to me at the same time.
I rubbed my eyes with my fingers, laughing and shaking my head.

"This is going to take a long time, Lilly," I said to her. "It's going to hurt," I added.

"I like pain," she said, which made me laugh even louder.

"Fine, kitten, as you like," I said to her as I kissed her lips.

Storm started his work, and I sat down next to Lilly to support her. The tattoo will be a lot of work for Storm. The club logo and the inscription are a lot of effort, but she really wanted to have the Masters Kitten, which is written around a picture of her head thrown back with my hand around her neck. I was impressed by her selection and that she was so open about our preferences.

"Have you heard from Duke?" Storm asked me as he sat down to start.

I shook my head and looked at Alice, who was sitting in thought. It's already been a month since the incident, and we haven't seen Duke. We talked to him a few times, but recently he has turned off his phone and only contacts King. Evelyn was the only one who went to see him. When she got out of the hospital, no one could stop her from visiting him. And when she came back, she wasn't particularly relieved. The bad thing is that none of them want to say anything about his condition. Whatever is going on, we were all worried about Duke.

"He'll be okay," Lilly said quietly.
I looked at her and smiled, nodding.

"He will... it's Duke," I replied.

The only thing we could do is wait. Wait for him to come back, wait to support him whatever was going on. He wasn't alone; he had all his brothers here, his family, and our woman too who loved him like a brother. Josie proudly showed her tattoo that took really a lot of work.

"If I could take it, then you will too," she reassured Lilly, who nodded.

It is a big deal to get the Ol Lady Tattoo; I was not in a hurry, but she wanted it really bad. Lilly hissed as Storm took the first stab and turned her head to me.

"Are you OK?" I asked her.

"I'll always be ok as long as you're by my side," she replied, holding my hand.

I just looked at her... my perfect woman. If all the pain I experienced led to us coming together... I would experience all the pain again. She was worth it.