Chapter 11: Painful Memories and New Beginnings

⚠️WARNING⚠️

CHILD ABUSE/ABUSIVE PARENTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickel's POV:

Dream sequence 2.0:

I'm dreaming. I know I am. I know this because I'm thinking something right now. You don't do that when you're NOT dreamimg.

There's just darkness all around me. Surprisingly, I'm not wondering where I am. I'm just waiting for something to happen. That's usually what happens in dreams, right?

So, I just sit there for a while, doing nothing. Eventually I get bored and start walking to no where. Is my dream just gonna be this? If so, I should just wake up. I'm just about to do so when I spot a shape on the distance. Finally! Something more interesting.

I stop in my tracks when I realize who it is.

It's me... when I was a child.

My eyes widen, and I start to panic. What is this? Why is my dream about my childhood? Why am I suddenly walking towards my younger self?

As I get nearer, muffled sounds become loud and clear. They're insults. Insults towards me. By very familiar voices. I step right next to my younger self, wondering why I'm being shown this

I....he.... younger me has his knees pressed up against his chest and his head down. He gives little sniffles and cries softly. I can tell that he's trying to hide how he feels. I mean younger me of course.

The insults get louder and my head starts to hurt. My ears are pounding. I back up, not wanting to be here anymore. 

I bump into someone else. The look of horror settles on my face as I turn around to see...

My parents. 

They are the one's yelling the insults, and as I peek behind them, I see my younger self again cowering in fear. This time, there's a bruise on his cheek. His head is hung low again as the voices become louder.

I can hear my younger self apologize and watches as he tries not to cry. My dad raises his foot and looks like he's about to hit me. I run away before it happens.

I can't take this anymore... I want to wake up. Because I act becore I really think about what can happen, I run face-first into a mirror. I look into it, wondering what will happen this time. 

At first it shows me... in the present, then shows a version of my younger self... a broken kid with toxic parents. Then it goes back to me, but in Season 1 and 2. Then Season 3. It might all look different, but I can see the similarities.

"We all believe that we don't deserve to be loved." I say, walking backwards and letting the dark thoughts enter.

"We don't want to be seen as worthless." I continue, oblivious of my surroundings.

"We don't want to be manipulated."

"We don't think before we act, amd that leads us to doing everything wromg."

"We don't understand emotions." I take another step and realize there's a hole. I almost slip.

Well, I guess it was bound to happen anways. I trip and fall into the hole. The last thing I hear is my childhood voice calling out to me.