Chapter 12: A Diary's Stories

It's not a DIARY, it's a poem and short stories book.

(shut up ill call it what i want. anyways, i need to get rid of you)

HEY WAIT DON'T!! PLUS you need me for this part

(ugh you're right. well you better get started.)

RIGHT!!! I WON'T LET YOU DOWN!!!!

(... you're gonna make me regret this)

Narrator POV:

Sitting on his bed in his room is Nickel. It had only been moments since he had returned to his room after talking to Nicki and Nicks... about his childhood.

Although it still hurts to talk about, he knows that it's not as painful as it once was. He turns around on his bed trying to fall asleep. No use.

He grabs his phone and checks the time. 2:41 a.m. Nickel groans. He ducks under the covers, hoping that will do something. It doesn't do anything. If he's truly being honest, he'd rather be outside with his cousins again...

FLASHYBACKY: 

Nicki laughs. "But seriously, have you managed to tell Balloon how you feel?"

This is was just after Nicki had blurted out her thoughts about Nickel and Balloon.

Nickel turns red. Even in the dark you can see it. Nicki and Nicks glance at each other and smirk.

"What? No! I mean... I kinda want to... but I feel like we should still get closer." He exclaims.

Nicki nods. "You got a point there. But seriously, you two would be such a cute couple."

"Really? After all that happened?"

"I think so." Nicki shrugs, then nudges Nicks. "Right, bud?"

Nicks grins. "Totally."

Nickel looks away to hide his smile. He's glad to have such supportive cousins.

BACK TO THE PRESENT: (alright stop... that flashy-backy thing was a one time) Fine... party pooper...

Nickel sighs, starting to go red again. This is not helping him go to sleep. Thinking of Balloon will only just make it worse. Yet, he can't stop the thoughts from flowing in again. And it doesn't help when his crush calls his name in his sleep. WAIT WHAT-

"Nickel..." Balloon murmurs. 

Nickel flushes a deeper shade of red. Why in the world is Balloon calling out his name? Should he wake him up and ask? No... yeah... AGH HE ISN'T THINKING STRAIGHT.

Well, luckily for him, Balloon starts to stir. Wait, that's odd. Balloon isn't known to wake up during the night.

Balloon sits up and stretches. Nickel wonders what he should do. Go over and talk to him? 

"Oh, hey Nickel." Balloon says sleepily. 

"Oh. Uhm. Hi." Nickel says. OH SHOOT ARE HIS EYES RED? Nickel starts to panic.

And-

(hey just letting you know you're gonna be cut off)

Wai-

Balloon's POV:

I wonder if Nickel's okay. His eyes seem a bit red, and he looks a bit upset... and is that a faint blush? He must be sick. OH NO! 

Without thinking, I climb onto his bed and press my hand to his forehead. He freezes up and becomes an even deeper shade of red, looking anywhere except for me.