Chapter 27:

... Where's-

₩ł₮ⱧØɄ₮ ₳₦ ₳Ʉ₮ⱧØⱤ, ₮ⱧɆⱤɆ ł₴ ₦Ø ₮ł₮ⱠɆ

Nickel's POV:

Something feels off... like, there's something wrong that's out of my control. 

Oh well, I probably shouldn't worry about it if it doesn't bother me.

The next few days were pretty nice I guess. I think I'm getting better, so that means I can walk around the hotel now! But, I'm pretty wary about my cousins- especially Nicki. She's been constantly reminding me to confess, and I had to tape her mouth one time just to get her to stop.

And I do want to confess, truly! I just... sort of stammer whenever I'm around Balloon, blush madly, and can't seem to find my words at time. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CONFESS WHEN I CAN BARELY TALK TO HIM??? I mean, I usually don't get like this. Are my... feelings getting stronger? NO that can't be possible! Feelings don't work like that... right?

This is bad.

Anyways, Nicki watches over me as I get something from the fridge. I know she means well, but she's literally glaring at me. It's kind of creepy. I'm not fully healed, so that means I have to take things easy. And so, Nicki is kinda being overprotective. I mean, it's not like I'll fall down four flights of stairs again... maybe.

Anyways, I get my snack and carefully make my way over to Nicki. She beams, and I roll my eyes.

"You're creepy." I say playfully.

"I already know that." She grins at me. Of course she's happy about that.

We sit on the couch together and watch some TV. Nicki rambles on to me about some random things, and I try my best to listen, but my main focus is on the show. As an advertisement plays, Nicki gasps really loudly. She's is so overdramatic I swear-

"I JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA!!" She exclaims, standing up.

"What is it?" I ask, actually interested for once.

"You'll find out!" She gives me an evil smile. I raise my eyebrows. "Anyways, I gotta go get some stuff so bye!" Nicki says the rest really quickly before dashing off.

Perfect! I can watch my show in peace. I smile to myself as the show resumes. But my peace doesn't last long.

"Hi, Nickel!" I hear a very familiar high-pitched voice say happily. It's Balloon.

This is the only guy who can disturb my peace. I smile and make space for Balloon and he sits next to me.

"Oooh! I love this show!" Balloon exclaims. I roll my eyes.

"I mean, who wouldn't? It's literally the best show in the world." I say as I subconsciously lean into him and sigh happily. Balloon giggles and I look away from him, trying to look mad.

"Awww... you're such a tsundere." He teases.

"Sh-Shut up, idiot!" I say as I heat up. 

"Okay, I'm sorry!" Balloon puts up his hands and laughs. I laugh with him also.

We watch the episode together in a nice, comforting silence. I could get used to this.

Suddenly, and sadly, Nicki runs back in, a weird looking potion on top of her head. Nicks runs behind her, seeming bored.