Chapter 20: The Party Part 3

Narrator's POV:

Both Nickel and Balloon stop in surprise, then give a soft giggle. Nickel steps in and they sit next to each other on his bed. Their short playful moment turns serious.

"Look, Balloon." Nickel starts, not meeting Balloon's gaze. "I don't know what happened in there... and I don't want to ruin our friendship."

Balloon's heart sinks a bit as he heard the word 'friendship'. But Nickel was right. 

"Yeah... I guess we both lost control there." Balloon chuckles nervously.

Nickel sighs. "Good. It was just all a mistake." 

Balloon freezes. So... Nickel didn't want it? He didn't feel the same way? The kiss meant nothing to him?

"What do you mean it was a mistake?" Balloon asks.

Nickel looks surprised. "Am I being the logical one here? That was a step too far, Balloon! We aren't even dating, and there we were, pressed against each other! I don't know much about relationships, but I'm sure that what we did wasn't the best approach."

Balloon stays silent, going over Nickel's words. He was right, surprisingly. But one thing still didn't make sense to him.

"Nickel, what is our relationship?"

Nickel furrows his brows. "I... I don't know, to be honest. These feelings are so conflicting, and I don't know how I feel right now. And after what happened, I'm not sure if our friendship can ever be the same."

"But it doesn't have to be like that!" Balloon protests. "We can move on and take things slow until our rel-friendship gets better! We don't immediately have to date-"

"Date?" Nickel starts to get irritated (uh oh fight). "You really thought we would date each other after that? There was never even a proper confession, Balloon!"

"I-I didn't mean it like that! That wasn't the right word!"

Nickel gets off from the bed. "Maybe it wasn't." He starts to walk away. "We're different, Balloon. You're more open to forgive and move on, while I hate both of those things. I... don't know if just moving on can salvage our friendship... and feelings."

"Nickel... please. We can talk about this! I messed up, bu-"

"I'm sorry, Balloon. I need some time to think." And with that, Nickel walks out.

Balloon watches in shock, then starts to cry, putting his head in his hands. He just had to say the wrong thing.

Aw... this was such a sad scene. Don't you hate when fights happen? But it had to happen eventually. Hopefully our main characters can get back together.

(stop it.)

WHAT! I'm actually doing my job!

(i know. i just wanted to say that)

Nickel's POV:

I might have been to harsh there and hurt Balloon's feelings... but what did he think would happen? He seemed like he was oblivious and confused, but i don't see how he his! I MEAN, WE LITERALLY MADE OUT IN A CLOSET!! What happened in the closet, I truly enjoyed, but it didn't seem right for us to do that when we aren't even together. 

I... can't forget those moments, and now I have to figure out how to make things right. Ugh. I'm actually listening to my logical side today. How fun.

And what Balloon said... does that mean he really likes me? I still like him, but I don't know what to do. I'm so confused right now.