Chapter 21: A Little Bit of Luck

Narrator's POV:

Wow! You actually kept your promise!

(i actually did. now stop looking so happy and get to work)

Right!

The days after the party for our characters were... awkward. After the incident, they thought that things would go back to normal, but it had just seemed to make things worse. 

Nickel tried to avoid Balloon to not make any mistakes like the incident at the party.

Balloon tried to grab Nickel's attention so they could grow closer to make sure that the incident never happened again.

They thought that their talk had solved their problems, but I guess it didn't. Things were super weird, and it wasn't cute or funny at this point.

Nicki and Nicks especially hated this. All the stammering, the awkward tension in the air, the distance growing between the two... they just had to fix this before they fell apart... again.

And so, The Nickloon Fanclub is having an emergency meeting while Nickel and Balloon were gone. Nickel had gone to his therapist appointment, and Balloon went to his secret special place.

(not sorry about cutting you)

You're definetly sor-

Nicki's POV:

You little-

(what? I said i wasn't sorry) 

Hmph. Narrator crosses arms.

(stop pouting, you're making me feel sympathetic. anyways...)

I pace back and forth, trying to think of ideas. Well, none come to my mind right now. I sigh.

"Alright, guys! Nickel and Balloon are in an awkward stage right now, and it's our job as Nicklooners to help them!" I say.

Fan raises his hand. "What exactly happened?"

Nicks, Paintbrush and I give each other nervous glancez. Nickep told me not to tell anyone, and it would kinda be an invasion of their privacy... which I invade all the time. But that's not the point.

"Nickel and Balloon don't want us to tell anyone about...

"The incident."

"But it was pretty weird. And it made things awkward between them. As the master of being awkward, I know exactly what's going on, and how fo fix it." I say, an idea popping into my mind.

"Make things even more awkard!" I exclaim.

Everyone looks at me weirdly- a look I'm used to.

"Uh... are you sure that'll work?" Soap asks.

"Of course I'm sure! Well... not exactly. Look, this was the first thing that came to mind. Do you guys have any better ideas?" I roll my eyes.

Silence.

"See! So, let me explain the plan..."

Nickel's POV:

I knock on the door of the small cottage. It looks like it came straight out of a fairytale. There's a nice aroma that wafts through the open window, and I spot a few muffins. 

I sneakily reach my foot up to take some when a hand gently smacks it away.

"Ah, ah, ah, Nickel. You know better than that." A friendly voice says. A clover wearing an apron comes into view and waves.