Chapter 24: Different Universes

Narrator's POV:

Test Tube sets her new invention down on the table. She presses a button, and a portal appears.

"Alright, Fan." She mentions to her boyfriend. "Let's test this thing out!"

Fan throws something in, and the portal closes a few moments after.

Test Tube grabs the invention's tracker and watches as many numbers appear until it lands onto a certain one.

"Looks like it's in Universe 4365. Golly! My studies are correct, there are different universes out there." She exclaims.

"Huh. And looks like my fanfiction was right." Fan muses to himself.

"Okay, time to bring it back!"

Test Tube presses the return button, but nothing happens. After a few more attempts to get her invention working, she gives up.

"Looks like I have to rewire a few things." She sighs. "I must have miscalculated something..."

Fan puts his hand on her shoulder. "I know you got this. And I'll be there to help!"

Test Tube brightens. "You're right! Golly, I have to get to work!"

And with that, they walk off, leaving the new invention behind.

Not a wise decision...

*THUNK*

OWWW! WHAT THE FUC-FUDGE WAS THAT? 

(whoops sorry... i guess. i shouldve gone with something lighter than a brick)

You were PLANNING to hit me?

(uhhhh....)

Hmm... you just wanted me to pay attention to you, didn't you, Author~

(N-NO THATS NOT WHY YOU IDIOT)

Mhm. Okay.

(shut up. maybe i did want your attention...)

Aww... are you blushing?

(NO. IM CHANGING THE POV)

Balloon's POV:

I follow Nickel and his cousins as we turn the corner and head into the kitchen. Nicki rambles off to Nickel about something, but I'm more focused on Nickel himself. I know I'm staring, but I can't help it.

He might not be perfect for me, but he's just right. I love everything about him- his body, personality, and when he reveals his emotions. Even thinking about him makes me blush. 

I can't believe that I fell for him. I mean, we used to hate each other... well Nickel hated me, and I just wanted to make things right. But now, we're really close. And... I think he likes me? I'm not really sure.

We all spot a weird looking object. Oh, it's probably something Test Tube's working on. Nicki runs over to it and picks it up.

"What do you think it is?" She asks.

"I don't think you should touch that..." I say nervously.

"I gotta agree with Balloon here," Nickel starts, "I mean, Test Tube's inventions can go wrong... like that one time she split me into two personalities."

"Ooh! That sounds fun," Nicki exclaims. An evil smirk forms on her face. "Ya know what? It wouldn't hurt to test this thing out."

"Uh, sis-" Nicks starts as Nicki presses a button. The object hums to life and shoots out something.