Prologue

A/N: Well, here it is! This will be told in second person, and it follows Brotherhood! Please enjoy!

"Ed! Stop it!" You yelled at the short blonde boy, who had just teased you about your alchemy.
"I'm just playing (Y/N), I don't mean it." The boy said to you.
At the time, you were only 5 years old. You were at the Elric's house studying alchemy with them. They were catching on, but you were a little behind.
"I'll get better, you'll see!" You yelled at them both, watching them both pick up their alchemy books to read.
Winry was at her house with Pinako, learning about mechanics and things with automail. You? You weren't into that kind of stuff. Alchemy interested you a lot. You wanted to learn it and become an alchemist. You didn't know a lot about your parents- only that they were great alchemists and they sacrificed their lives to help Amestris in the Ishvalan war. That was another reason you wanted to learn alchemy.
You decided to draw a transmutation circle on a piece of paper. It was a little sloppy, but you were still learning. You then placed some clay that you found earlier on the circle.
"Here goes nothing!" You say as the circle glows a bright blue and the clay turns into a hardened, small clay sculpture, shaped like an elephant.
"Look Ed! Look Al! See? I'm getting better!" You exclaim. Your first transmutation!
"Wow, great job (Y/N)! Ed said, looking at what you created.
"That's great!" Al says, picking up your creation without caution.
Al's hands slipped as the sculpture drops and shatters.
"Oops, I'm so sorry (Y/N)!!" Al apologizes.
"My elephant..." You say, looking down at it.
Edward quickly picks up the shattered pieces and places them on the circle and fixes it.
"Here (Y/N)..." He says smiling. He hands you the brand new clay elephant.
"Thanks Ed!" You say, hugging him.
He blushes but hugs back.

That was just one of the memories from your childhood. The one you hated most happened four years later, at age nine.

Everything in your life was perfect. You had Ed, Al, and Winry, which was your family, you had Pinako to take care of you, and you had alchemy.
That's all you ever needed.
Trisha passed away a few weeks ago, and you were sad. You knew that the boys were sad, too. They visited her grave everyday.
Your (h/l) (h/c) hair blew in the breeze as you waited for Ed and Al to come outside that day. Winry was at home not feeling well, so you had Ed and Al to yourself for the day.
You started to get worried when they didn't come out, so you ran to their house. When you got there, however, you wished you had never opened that door.
"Take my arm, my leg, my heart, anything! Just give him back... He's all the family I have left!!" 
What was going on?
Light filled the room when you opened the door completely, and you were able to see him clearly.
"Ed!!" You scream.
His arm and his leg was gone.
"(Y/N)... Please help us.." He says before he passes out.
"Edward!!!" You scream before passing out of shock.

~

After that, you woke up on the Rockbell's couch.
What had happened?
Then you remembered, and you started to cry softly, so no one could hear you.
But you started to cry louder, and Winry came into the living room.
"(Y/N)... It's gonna be okay, I promise." She said, sitting down with you. 

You remembered her words so clearly, and you repeated them in your head.

She started to cry too that day, so you both comfort each other.

~

Edward was in the hospital getting his fake limbs. Alphonse, who was now a suit of armor with a soul and no senses, was waiting for Edward to recover.
You waited along with Al. You wanted him to be okay.
But you knew what had happened that day.
They committed the ultimate taboo, human transmutation.
You couldn't believe what they did, but you didn't speak to Al or Ed about it.
Everyday you would go to see Ed, and visit him, and hope that he would recover soon.

Things were going good with Ed's recovery, and he was released a year later.

Edward was out of the hospital and getting used to his fake limbs. His automail made him look so much different.
Everything changed when he had announced that he was going to become a State Alchemist and search for the Philosophers Stone in order to get his and Al's bodies back.
You walked up to Ed, who was in the living room at the time.
"Ed... I want to go with you." You say in a serious tone. He looks at you, but then looks back down. His golden eyes then meets your (e/c) ones.
"(Y/N), I don't want to to get hurt. I don't know what I would do if you got hurt or killed. I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He says, and then looks down again.
"I'm getting better at my alchemy, Ed... I can protect myself now. I'll get stronger and stronger and help you get your bodies-"
"No (Y/N)," He says, interrupting you.
"I can't let you get hurt. It's for the best, because I care about you a lot." He then grabs your hand with his automail hand and squeezes it.
You cover your face with your other hand and start to cry.
"Ed, what if I worry about you?! What if you get hurt, what if Al gets hurt? What will I do with myself? It's just the same was me coming along, Ed. I'm not weak!" You yell at him as you get up from the couch.
"(Y/N)..-"
"I'm leaving, Ed. If I can't be with you and Al... Then what's the point... Tell Winry I said goodbye." You said, wiping your tears and running out the door. It was dark and hard to see.
"(Y/N)!! Wait!!! (Y/N)!!!!!"
That's the last thing you heard from Ed before you ran away.

A/N: So, how was it :D? Don't worry, the story will get much better! I'll fix any spelling mistakes later. Please vote and tell me what you would like to see happen in this book!
Thanks!
-Jenna Chan